Back to Work!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Back to Work!
Well that has got to be the shortest time I have ever spent unemployed....

My old company forwarded the names and numbers of their employees to the new company taking over the contracts they had with my city. Got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my new employer telling me when I start.

I didn't even have to lift a finger or do anything.. Was awfully nice of my old employers to do that. I'll have to thank them when I go in to pick up my final paycheck.

Anyhow how.. I'm going to attribute that stroke of good luck to the whole ... 12-12-12? ... as that was my only day of unemployment? I'll tell you....

Going to be drinking a case of my favorite beer Friday... Thumbsup

Feels good to have somthing go right for a change.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
13-12-2012, 01:35 PM
RE: Back to Work!
That's cool. Happy for you, even if I don't really know you (but unemployment sucks, so I'm happy for anyone who manages to escape it). [Image: beer-smiley.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
13-12-2012, 01:37 PM
(13-12-2012 01:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  That's cool. Happy for you, even if I don't really know you (but unemployment sucks, so I'm happy for anyone who manages to escape it). [Image: beer-smiley.gif]

You wouldn't wanna know me.. I'm one of them heartbreakers...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
13-12-2012, 01:40 PM
(13-12-2012 01:37 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 01:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  That's cool. Happy for you, even if I don't really know you (but unemployment sucks, so I'm happy for anyone who manages to escape it). [Image: beer-smiley.gif]

You wouldn't wanna know me.. I'm one of them heartbreakers...
Yeah, but I ain't got no heart, bucko Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Praise the Lord, Drew!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-12-2012, 04:01 PM
(13-12-2012 02:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Praise the Lord, Drew!

Yes .. bow down to the FSM!! Praise to his noodles and MEATY BALLS!

Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
13-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Congratz!
13-12-2012, 08:00 PM
(13-12-2012 01:27 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Well that has got to be the shortest time I have ever spent unemployed....

My old company forwarded the names and numbers of their employees to the new company taking over the contracts they had with my city. Got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my new employer telling me when I start.

I didn't even have to lift a finger or do anything.. Was awfully nice of my old employers to do that. I'll have to thank them when I go in to pick up my final paycheck.

Anyhow how.. I'm going to attribute that stroke of good luck to the whole ... 12-12-12? ... as that was my only day of unemployment? I'll tell you....

Going to be drinking a case of my favorite beer Friday... Thumbsup

Feels good to have somthing go right for a change.

I had an incident at work recently where my job contract was supposed to expire at the end of October 2013, but someone in HR mis-entered the information so my end date was October 2012. So my computer accounts went dead on Nov 1 and I had to file new paperwork with HR to get re-entered into the system. The upshot being that I was fired from, and re-hired, in the span of 15 minutes.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bullshit Accusations Aimed At LeVar Burton Bringing Back Reading Rainbow WindyCityJazz 0 81 04-06-2014 08:51 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Who else goes on TTA Forum while at work? djkamilo 45 494 02-06-2014 03:14 PM
Last Post: Caveman
  Coming back to you The Germans are coming 14 155 27-04-2014 09:24 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  So, I'm getting back into professional wrestling. kingschosen 50 3,603 06-04-2014 12:29 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Houseofcantor back in the running WillHopp 3 107 25-03-2014 10:44 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Atheism at work riseinside 8 224 22-02-2014 04:54 AM
Last Post: riseinside
  Anyone here work for Allstate?! PM ME! Cathym112 0 69 10-02-2014 01:58 PM
Last Post: Cathym112