Back to work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Wink Back to work
I've mentioned in other threads that I was laid off in December from my last job.

So after 3 months off recovering from minor surgery, 2 months on training courses (renewing my various safety certs) and 2 months of job hunting, I'm finally back into the world of the employed starting on monday! Big Grin

It's only a six month contract sadly, but it's better than state benefits (which the current UK government are running into the ground)

Also, I'd previously cancelled a weekend trip to visit my friend down in Bristol as I couldn't afford it. Well it's back on now! And it's my birthday next month! Big Grin

So I'm set for a fun summer! Banana_zorro

Beers are in for tonight and I'm gonna get fucked up. Who's with me? Big Grin

Yay for employment Smile

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like LostLegend's post
10-07-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Back to work
Congrats!! So happy for you!!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-07-2015, 03:45 PM
(10-07-2015 01:59 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  I've mentioned in other threads that I was laid off in December from my last job.

So after 3 months off recovering from minor surgery, 2 months on training courses (renewing my various safety certs) and 2 months of job hunting, I'm finally back into the world of the employed starting on monday! Big Grin

It's only a six month contract sadly, but it's better than state benefits (which the current UK government are running into the ground)

Also, I'd previously cancelled a weekend trip to visit my friend down in Bristol as I couldn't afford it. Well it's back on now! And it's my birthday next month! Big Grin

So I'm set for a fun summer! Banana_zorro

Beers are in for tonight and I'm gonna get fucked up. Who's with me? Big Grin

Yay for employment Smile

score! congrats Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooaaalllllllllllll!

Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
10-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Now that was a good read!

Really happy for you mate. Well done. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Very cool Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man