Backyard Fireworks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Backyard Fireworks
Is anyone here interested in backyard fireworks? Are there any good fireworks outlets in your area? Which ones have the most reasonable prices? What types of pyrotechnic devices are your favorites? What are your favorite brands?

http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-2.png
http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-3.png
http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-6.png
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: Backyard Fireworks
I'm not interested in fireworks, but my sister and her husband are active members of the PGI.

http://www.pgi.org/

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Where do you live that you can simply go out in your backyard and set off fireworks. A lot of places with low rainfall have rules about such things.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Tannerite.

Smile

Fck those candyass sparklers....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-03-2017, 03:05 PM
When I was a kid we used to mix Acetylene gas and Oxygen in various sized bags (all the way up to trash can bags) and set them off in the back yard. Does that count as fireworks? I also made a bazooka out of PVC pipe that could launch a potato across the 5 acre property. Why? because I thought it was fun.

Then one day one of my friends made some blasting powder for a school play (it was a christian school and they thought it was cool that kids were being so creative), unfortunately there was an accident that almost killed my friend and 3 other's. The moral of the story? I was a dumb fuck kid, don't play with things that blow up. lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-03-2017, 03:07 PM
This was back in the day where the adults around me thought that having guns in school (aka shooting clubs) was a good idea..... before columbine obviously.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM
(12-03-2017 02:00 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  I'm not interested in fireworks, but my sister and her husband are active members of the PGI.

http://www.pgi.org/

Hobo

> I used to be a member of the Pyrotechnic Guild International from the early 1980's to the mid-1990's. During that time I would put on a semi-professional fireworks show for the neighborhood every 4th of July. I used racks of metal mortar tubes which I had fabricated at the machine shop where I worked. My largest display (1992) lasted for just over half an hour and featured a 150-shell grand finale.Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM
(12-03-2017 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where do you live that you can simply go out in your backyard and set off fireworks. A lot of places with low rainfall have rules about such things.

You can pretty much do that here in Michigan, some cities have local ordinances which limit when you can shoot them off, usually it's limited to day before, day of, and day after a national holiday but for those cities without that ordinance there really isn't any limit.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-03-2017, 03:51 PM
(12-03-2017 03:47 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I used to be a member of the Pyrotechnic Guild International from the early 1980's to the mid-1990's. During that time I would put on a semi-professional fireworks show for the neighborhood every 4th of July. I used racks of metal mortar tubes which I had fabricated at the machine shop where I worked. My largest display (1992) lasted for just over half an hour and featured a 150-shell grand finale.Smile

My sister was the first woman to win Grand Master. Thumbsup

http://www.westfallteam.com/node/19?q=node/20
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
12-03-2017, 03:53 PM
(12-03-2017 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where do you live that you can simply go out in your backyard and set off fireworks. A lot of places with low rainfall have rules about such things.

> I live in a small rural hilltown. At least half the households here have fireworks for the 4th. Most of us pay heed to the Fire Departments notices about the dangers and likelihoods of brush/forest fires if the week of the 4th is too dry. It's common for some of us to save our pyrotechnics for the Labor Day weekend is July is unsuitable.