Backyard Fireworks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: Backyard Fireworks
This evening I set off a 16-shot Werewolf by Cutting Edge. It featured red, green and blue strobes with crackles and loud reports. Dynamite! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2017, 12:33 AM
It was cold this evening at the Transfer Station, but I warmed things up by setting off a 20-shot USA by Megabang Fireworks. It featured red, white and purple dahlias with LOUD reports. The last five tubes went off at once. I received an applause from several customers who watched the display. Thumbsup
29-03-2018, 09:09 AM
My annual fireworks trip is only a month away. I've begun working on my shopping list. Smile
29-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Enjoy your trip mate hope you get what you want, I must be getting old I used to love fireworks but now... meh not so much, its a bit like smoking, essentially you're burning money. Never thought I'd say that as I really used to love them big time, I've turned into an old fart I guess.
29-03-2018, 08:29 PM
(29-03-2018 11:36 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Enjoy your trip mate hope you get what you want, I must be getting old I used to love fireworks but now... meh not so much, its a bit like smoking, essentially you're burning money. Never thought I'd say that as I really used to love them big time, I've turned into an old fart I guess.

"He who has once smelled the smoke is never again free." (Motto of the Pyrotechnics Guild International) Smile
29-03-2018, 08:32 PM
(29-03-2018 09:09 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  My annual fireworks trip is only a month away. I've begun working on my shopping list. Smile

Guess it's state law stuff. We can purchase a couple weeks before new years and a couple weeks before July 4. Only.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
30-04-2018, 05:22 AM
I drove to Pennsylvania yesterday on my 34th annual fireworks trip. Unfortunately, my niece was not able to accompany me this year on account of job responsibilities. This solo trip was a bit tedious for me as I am now in my 70th year. It may very well be my last.

It was raining when I got up. This was a major disappointment. Earlier weather reports were for rain during the night, but ending by daybreak. Nonetheless, I made coffee, fed the cat, filled my coolers with food and went over my checklist of trip preparations and items to bring along on the trip. I was on my way by 6:30 a.m.

The first leg of the trip was along I-90 west and I-87 south. There was light to heavy rainfall most of the way, but traffic was light at that time of day and the drive was easy, thus far. I stopped for a bathroom break at the Ulster Rest Area on I-87, giving me a chance to stretch my legs and have coffee. Shortly thereafter, I got onto I-84 and headed west into Pennsylvania. The rainfall was over at that point and the pavement was already drying. It remained overcast, cool and windy for the rest of the day.

I finally arrived at Pocono Fireworks Outlet in Tannersville at 10:40 a.m., ten minutes ahead of schedule. Usually, the store is serviced by part-time help, kids of college age who I never see again on consecutive visits. This time, however, the general manager was there by herself. We had a pleasant chat while I did my shopping. She was disappointed to hear that this was probably my last fireworks trip.

The fireworks outlet in Tannersville is the big warehouse store. Imagine a supermarket filled with row upon row, aisle upon aisle filled with fireworks! Some of the 500 gm. multitubes and giant aerial shell assortments are probably a bit intimidating to the novice shopper.

My purchases, mostly medium-priced multitubes, filled two shopping carts. Two thirds of these items are for friends and I'm sure they'll be thrilled with them. It took about an hour to complete my shopping. Just before I left, I grabbed a handful of fliers to distribute at the Transfer Station in town.

I was hoping to have an enjoyable lunch at a rest area along I-84 as I was homeward bound. Unfortunately, there was a stiff, cold wind blowing as I put my coolers on one of the picnic tables. I barely touched the food I had prepared. Much annoyed, I put everything back into my truck. I had to content myself with some potato chips and cheese sticks as I got back on the road again.

I arrived back home much exhausted and decided to unload the truck the following morning. After a quick snack, a much needed nap was in order. That "brief" nap lasted for just over four hours! Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
30-04-2018, 03:00 PM
(30-04-2018 05:22 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I drove to Pennsylvania yesterday on my 34th annual fireworks trip. Unfortunately, my niece was not able to accompany me this year on account of job responsibilities. This solo trip was a bit tedious for me as I am now in my 70th year. It may very well be my last.

It was raining when I got up. This was a major disappointment. Earlier weather reports were for rain during the night, but ending by daybreak. Nonetheless, I made coffee, fed the cat, filled my coolers with food and went over my checklist of trip preparations and items to bring along on the trip. I was on my way by 6:30 a.m.

The first leg of the trip was along I-90 west and I-87 south. There was light to heavy rainfall most of the way, but traffic was light at that time of day and the drive was easy, thus far. I stopped for a bathroom break at the Ulster Rest Area on I-87, giving me a chance to stretch my legs and have coffee. Shortly thereafter, I got onto I-84 and headed west into Pennsylvania. The rainfall was over at that point and the pavement was already drying. It remained overcast, cool and windy for the rest of the day.

I finally arrived at Pocono Fireworks Outlet in Tannersville at 10:40 a.m., ten minutes ahead of schedule. Usually, the store is serviced by part-time help, kids of college age who I never see again on consecutive visits. This time, however, the general manager was there by herself. We had a pleasant chat while I did my shopping. She was disappointed to hear that this was probably my last fireworks trip.

The fireworks outlet in Tannersville is the big warehouse store. Imagine a supermarket filled with row upon row, aisle upon aisle filled with fireworks! Some of the 500 gm. multitubes and giant aerial shell assortments are probably a bit intimidating to the novice shopper.

My purchases, mostly medium-priced multitubes, filled two shopping carts. Two thirds of these items are for friends and I'm sure they'll be thrilled with them. It took about an hour to complete my shopping. Just before I left, I grabbed a handful of fliers to distribute at the Transfer Station in town.

I was hoping to have an enjoyable lunch at a rest area along I-84 as I was homeward bound. Unfortunately, there was a stiff, cold wind blowing as I put my coolers on one of the picnic tables. I barely touched the food I had prepared. Much annoyed, I put everything back into my truck. I had to content myself with some potato chips and cheese sticks as I got back on the road again.

I arrived back home much exhausted and decided to unload the truck the following morning. After a quick snack, a much needed nap was in order. That "brief" nap lasted for just over four hours! Sleepy

So, it would appear that "smuggler" can be added to your resume?

A rapscallion, as it were?

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
30-04-2018, 03:27 PM
(30-04-2018 03:00 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  A rapscallion, as it were?

Good heavens sir! That's a word I haven't seen on a forum for... oh, gee... ever LOL. Well done! 10/10.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
05-05-2018, 05:23 PM
I was much dismayed to discover on the day after my annual trip to PA that a 12.7% excise tax has been placed upon consumer fireworks in addition to the 6% PA sales tax. The law was enacted last December, although I saw nothing in the news about it. Angry

The Pennsylvania Fireworks Dealers Association is presently suing the state, claiming that the new tax is unconstitutional and ruinous of their businesses, since PA residents will now go to OH, MD or NY to purchase their pyrotechnics.

It is quite likely that I will not be driving all the way from MA to PA for fireworks anymore until the tax is rescinded. Sad