Backyard Fireworks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Backyard Fireworks
(15-04-2017 06:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 08:50 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I recently received a 20% discount coupon by Email. I'm beginning to make preparations for this year's annual firework trip. I'm also looking forward to trying out my new MA E-ZPass transponder. Smile

Can you get stuff in PA that you can't in NH? What makes the extra distance worthwhile?
NH is a lot closer to me in eastern MA.

> The MA State Police have spotters at the tent sales in NH. They can radio your license number to cruisers waiting just across the state line and they will pull you over and confiscate your fireworks.

> Dealers in NH charge between three and five times more than what you will pay for pyrotechnics in PA. Google the Pocono Fireworks Outlet and check out their online catalog. The big warehouse store is the one in Tannersville. Also, if you sign up for their Emails, you will receive printable discount coupons. There are also discount coupons you can download from their website.

> I can tell you the best route there if you're interested.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
18-04-2017, 04:20 PM
(12-03-2017 01:24 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Is anyone here interested in backyard fireworks? Are there any good fireworks outlets in your area? Which ones have the most reasonable prices? What types of pyrotechnic devices are your favorites? What are your favorite brands?

http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-2.png
http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-3.png
http://poconofireworks.com/wp-content/th...rand-6.png

I live in the South. If it doesn't burn, explode, shoot, drive fast, or make a lot of noise, it's ain't worth doing!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-04-2017, 04:55 AM
I recently finished updating a checklist, based upon the Pocono Fireworks online catalog. There are fewer medium-size/priced multitubes this year and more of the big 500G Heavyweights. These are a bit beyond my needs and budget, but they're interesting to look at and handle in the store. The Tannersville facility is literally a big fireworks supermarket. Big Grin

http://poconofireworks.com/firework-videos/
28-04-2017, 06:09 AM
(28-04-2017 04:55 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I recently finished updating a checklist, based upon the Pocono Fireworks online catalog. There are fewer medium-size/priced multitubes this year and more of the big 500G Heavyweights. These are a bit beyond my needs and budget, but they're interesting to look at and handle in the store. The Tannersville facility is literally a big fireworks supermarket. Big Grin

I made a nebelwerfer out of .5 inch PVC pipes and duct tape. I could launch seven rockets at the same time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 06:27 AM
(28-04-2017 06:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 04:55 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I recently finished updating a checklist, based upon the Pocono Fireworks online catalog. There are fewer medium-size/priced multitubes this year and more of the big 500G Heavyweights. These are a bit beyond my needs and budget, but they're interesting to look at and handle in the store. The Tannersville facility is literally a big fireworks supermarket. Big Grin

I made a nebelwerfer out of .5 inch PVC pipes and duct tape. I could launch seven rockets at the same time.

> Cool! Thumbsup

> For my semi-professional pyrotechnic displays which I used to put on for the neighbourhood, I made rocket batteries by drilling evenly spaced holes in 2x4's nailed to 3/4" pine boards. The batteries were constructed to launch the rockets at an 80° angle. The spent rockets would land in a designated spot (away from spectators) where they could be gathered up later.
28-04-2017, 07:52 AM
(28-04-2017 06:27 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I made a nebelwerfer out of .5 inch PVC pipes and duct tape. I could launch seven rockets at the same time.

> Cool! Thumbsup

> For my semi-professional pyrotechnic displays which I used to put on for the neighbourhood, I made rocket batteries by drilling evenly spaced holes in 2x4's nailed to 3/4" pine boards. The batteries were constructed to launch the rockets at an 80° angle. The spent rockets would land in a designated spot (away from spectators) where they could be gathered up later.
I dropped my spents on my neighbor's house. He was in the habit of sending his dog over to shit in my yard.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 10:33 AM
(28-04-2017 07:52 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I dropped my spents on my neighbor's house. He was in the habit of sending his dog over to shit in my yard.

Stick a bunger up the dog's arse, and solve two problems at once... the dog's and yours. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-04-2017, 10:43 AM
(28-04-2017 10:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 07:52 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I dropped my spents on my neighbor's house. He was in the habit of sending his dog over to shit in my yard.

Stick a bunger up the dog's arse, and solve two problems at once... the dog's and yours. Big Grin

T'weren't the hound's fault his master had a death wish. Beat_stick
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 10:56 AM
(28-04-2017 06:27 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > For my semi-professional pyrotechnic displays which I used to put on for the neighbourhood, I made rocket batteries by drilling evenly spaced holes in 2x4's nailed to 3/4" pine boards. The batteries were constructed to launch the rockets at an 80° angle. The spent rockets would land in a designated spot (away from spectators) where they could be gathered up later.

I hope you wear that Gandalf outfit when you set off your fireworks.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
28-04-2017, 12:08 PM
(28-04-2017 10:56 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:27 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > For my semi-professional pyrotechnic displays which I used to put on for the neighbourhood, I made rocket batteries by drilling evenly spaced holes in 2x4's nailed to 3/4" pine boards. The batteries were constructed to launch the rockets at an 80° angle. The spent rockets would land in a designated spot (away from spectators) where they could be gathered up later.

I hope you wear that Gandalf outfit when you set off your fireworks.

Smile

> Only if I have the good fortune to put on a pyro display in The Shire. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post