Backyard Fireworks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Backyard Fireworks
(28-06-2017 08:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  Around here in Florida, it's legal to sell them but not to set them off. But the police can't really keep up with enforcement. Every 4th of July and New Years pop-up tend distributors show up on street corners all over town and people snatch them up!

Then for the next several weeks people will be doing fireworks in their back yards every night. It's soooo obnoxious. On the 4th it's really pretty, because there are fireworks all over the skyline all night. But after that, it just gets annoying until people run out of them.

> I know what you mean. It's on account of stupid clowns carelessly setting off rockets and aerial shells in urban areas that fireworks are illegal in most states. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Damn! I wanted to set off a couple of fireworks this evening, but it's raining. Sad
01-07-2017, 07:30 PM
(01-07-2017 06:52 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Damn! I wanted to set off a couple of fireworks this evening, but it's raining. Sad

Huh Light them under an umbrella, and pull it away fast!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-07-2017, 04:24 AM
No fireworks over the weekend on account of rain. The evening of the 4th was cool and clear, however. I used a card table, covered with a half-sheet of old plywood for my pyrotechnics. I set off several medium-sized multitubes. Some people down in the valley were setting off some impressive aerial shells. The pleasant scents of campfires and barbecues were carried by gentle breezes for the better part of the day. Smile
05-07-2017, 04:41 AM
Fireworks were officially illegal in our town, when guaranteed an awesome show.

Personally, I was praying for rain.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I suspect that some of the locals will set off their leftover fireworks this weekend. Some will save them for the Labor Day weekend.
15-07-2017, 05:38 PM
(15-04-2017 04:56 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I started making preparations for my annual trip to PA a few days ago. I filled out my shopping list and was disappointed to discover that several of my favorite items are not available this year. There are, however, a few new multitubes I want to try out. Pocono Fireworks Outlet recently sent me an Email discount coupon (20%) good until the end of the month. Smile

My niece will be accompanying me on the trip, so I've also started my spring cleaning so that the house will be neat and clean when she visits. I'm also taking my 20-gal. cooler down from the attic because we like to have a picnic lunch halfway through the trip. Hopefully, the weather will be fair. Because of her work schedule, we can't plan an alternate date in case of rain.

"Niece", huh? Yeah. Sure.Yes

Disappointing theists since 1968
15-07-2017, 07:13 PM
It is eleven days past the 4th of July and my redneck neighbors are still shooting off fireworks every night. My poor dogs are frazzled to the core.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
15-07-2017, 11:42 PM
(12-03-2017 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where do you live that you can simply go out in your backyard and set off fireworks. A lot of places with low rainfall have rules about such things.
In NZ we celebrate Guy Fawkes. This is celebrated by letting off fireworks in your back yard.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-07-2017, 05:16 AM
(15-07-2017 11:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where do you live that you can simply go out in your backyard and set off fireworks. A lot of places with low rainfall have rules about such things.
In NZ we celebrate Guy Fawkes. This is celebrated by letting off fireworks in your back yard.

> We have restrictions here on outdoor fires during dry periods. That's why I usually use most of my fireworks during the winter when there's snow on the ground. The acoustics are also better when there are no leaves on the trees. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post