Poll: Bacon
Chewy
Crunchy
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Bacon: Chewy or Crunchy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Bacon: Chewy or Crunchy?
(22-08-2014 02:47 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 10:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But have you ever tried peameal bacon?

No. Confused

Peameal bacon is actually really different than regular bacon. I find it absolutely delicious. Less fatty, less chewy.. Its kinda like super thin, super flavorful porkchops
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2014, 06:49 PM
I have grown to like turkey bacon. Microwaved it is even crunchier than regular and this way I can save the pork stuff to throw at muslims.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
22-08-2014, 07:11 PM
We just had breakfast for supper. Baked the bacon - gives it just the right mix of crunchy and chewy.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-08-2014, 09:40 PM
(22-08-2014 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We just had breakfast for supper. Baked the bacon - gives it just the right mix of crunchy and chewy.

That's how I cook it. Ever since I figured out how to bake it, I've never gone back. SO much easier, and the bacon comes out so perfect and evenly cooked Drooling

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
30-08-2014, 09:31 PM
There is no excuse for this. You people almost *made me* miss International Bacon Day. How could you ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bacon_Day
Just for that, you can stew in your grease, and I won't even wish you Happy Bacon Day.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

30-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I like to wrap a filet with bacon and then BBQ to a medium rare...the meat comes out delicate and buttery, the bacon chewy and full of taste. All's good as long as I remember to remove the wooden toothpicks holding the bacon in place. Drooling Big Grin

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
31-08-2014, 05:43 PM
(17-08-2014 11:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 09:31 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I avoid the 'chewy' fat in bacon strips. I don't like how it chews or tastes that way. I'll burn it if I have to.

But it chews like fat. Like any meat. Do you like your steak crispy too?

My mum and sister like a little of the wiggly fat in bacon, but my Dad and I don't care for it. None of us like pink in our beef. I tried one small bloody strip of pink at a Chinese place and that was it for me with the raw beef. Well done is ok. Extra well done tastes like beef jerky with ash. The best way is boiled for six hours if we want soft.

Yes? No? Maybe?
31-08-2014, 07:38 PM
(31-08-2014 05:43 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 11:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  But it chews like fat. Like any meat. Do you like your steak crispy too?

My mum and sister like a little of the wiggly fat in bacon, but my Dad and I don't care for it. None of us like pink in our beef. I tried one small bloody strip of pink at a Chinese place and that was it for me with the raw beef. Well done is ok. Extra well done tastes like beef jerky with ash. The best way is boiled for six hours if we want soft.

Gasp Shocking Weeping

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
31-08-2014, 08:11 PM
(31-08-2014 07:38 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 05:43 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  My mum and sister like a little of the wiggly fat in bacon, but my Dad and I don't care for it. None of us like pink in our beef. I tried one small bloody strip of pink at a Chinese place and that was it for me with the raw beef. Well done is ok. Extra well done tastes like beef jerky with ash. The best way is boiled for six hours if we want soft.

Gasp Shocking Weeping

Some people were never taught how to eat correctly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Bleh. Boiled meat is the worst meat.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.