Bacon and eggs, steak and lobster drenched in butter oh my!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 05:17 AM
Bacon and eggs, steak and lobster drenched in butter oh my!
http://news.yahoo.com/u-may-lower-choles...AAi1vQtDMD

So the latest studies tell us that the cholesterol we ingest has nil to do with the cholesterol that causes us health issues.

The old correlation does not equal causation thingie.

So now the powers that be have lifted the warning against eating cholesterol laden foods.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes society to lift the indoctrination we have endured for decades - don't eat butter and eggs and bacon and beef and and and....

BTW I have said this for years - people have had these things in their diet for hundreds of years. And they multiplied like rats.

I am much more worried about food additives that typically have insufficient research before entering our food supply.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
12-02-2015, 06:11 AM
RE: Bacon and eggs, steak and lobster drenched in butter oh my!
Not scientific - just anecdotal --

My grandfather on dad's side -- skinny little guy -- 5'-6" and 135lbs at his heaviest. Lived till his mid 80's. Worked on the farm (where I now live) till the day he died.

Every morning - breakfast -- 1/2 dozen eggs, fried in bacon grease, bacon, half loaf black bread with homemade (unpasteurized) butter, 1 pot of coffee.

Lunch and dinner varied - but you get the idea.
Edit to add

And each morning - a teaspoon of pure grain alcohol "to thin the blood"... Apparently he was right.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2015, 06:39 AM
(12-02-2015 06:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not scientific - just anecdotal --

My grandfather on dad's side -- skinny little guy -- 5'-6" and 135lbs at his heaviest. Lived till his mid 80's. Worked on the farm (where I now live) till the day he died.

Every morning - breakfast -- 1/2 dozen eggs, fried in bacon grease, bacon, half loaf black bread with homemade (unpasteurized) butter, 1 pot of coffee.

Edit to add

And each morning - a teaspoon of pure grain alcohol "to thin the blood"... Apparently he was right.

Yep, my gramps was one of those. Died in his late nineties. Ate eggs and kaiser rolls with butter and cold cuts for breakfast, things like pork roast (raised his own meat) etc. for lunch and stuff like sausages for dinner. Beer with every meal except breakfast, and beer was chased with a shot of clear liquor to aid digestion. Smile Lard and butter used liberally. Smoked cigars. Was probably 30 pounds or so overweight. Was healthy and spry until his wife died - then he declined rapidly and died 3 months later for no apparent reason.

Just anecdotal as you say. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Jim Fixx died while running to stay in shape. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
12-02-2015, 09:52 AM
(12-02-2015 05:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/u-may-lower-choles...AAi1vQtDMD

So the latest studies tell us that the cholesterol we ingest has nil to do with the cholesterol that causes us health issues.

The old correlation does not equal causation thingie.

So now the powers that be have lifted the warning against eating cholesterol laden foods.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes society to lift the indoctrination we have endured for decades - don't eat butter and eggs and bacon and beef and and and....

BTW I have said this for years - people have had these things in their diet for hundreds of years. And they multiplied like rats.

I am much more worried about food additives that typically have insufficient research before entering our food supply.

This stuff has been known for quite a while. Harvard has a page on their website about this.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsou...ull-story/

(12-02-2015 06:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not scientific - just anecdotal --

Edit to add

The Women’s Health Initiative ran a trial in 2006 about Cholesterol and Fats with 49,000 women participating and found those who were on a low-fat diet had the same chance for heart disease as those who didn't follow a diet. So scientific.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...eid=202340

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-02-2015, 12:22 PM
That's great! As I read this I just finished a fried egg on toast w/ butter. Yum! I also like fruit and running, though. Balance. Shy
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
12-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Yep, I'm having bacon and eggs for dinner. It's now decided Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Quote: A woman walked up to a little old man rocking in a chair on his porch. "I couldn't help notice how happy you look," she said. "What's your secret for a long and happy life?"
"I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day," he said. "I also drink a case of whiskey a week, eat fatty foods, and never exercise."
"That's amazing," the woman said. "How old are you?"
"Twenty-six."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
13-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Of course, balance still applies. All natural foods contribute to our well being, and we should eat them all if possible. Anything in excess is bad for you. Simples.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post