Bacon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Bacon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like imlemuel's post
01-10-2012, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 04:21 AM by depat.)
Oh well, what the hell, I'm up all night. I buy those 6 lb bacon cuts that are mostly fat, fry it up, keep the fat, and use it to season cast iron skillets, green beans, okra and tomatoes, grease the door hinges, rub on my skin for moisturizer, and grease my cat so she can get rid of furballs. Has anyone here ever stepped on a wet furball in the middle of the night?
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I never tasted bacon as a kid, since we were kosher. There was something called "beef fry" that dad would occasionally bring home, but I now know it was a sorry substitute for the real thing.

I remember being in a non-Jewish neighbor's house for some reason, where the smell of bacon was overwhelming. For me at the time it became the quintessential Christian smell. Tongue

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
02-10-2012, 07:18 AM
(01-10-2012 10:17 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I never tasted bacon as a kid, since we were kosher. There was something called "beef fry" that dad would occasionally bring home, but I now know it was a sorry substitute for the real thing.

I remember being in a non-Jewish neighbor's house for some reason, where the smell of bacon was overwhelming. For me at the time it became the quintessential Christian smell. Tongue

So, eat some, already.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone ever pay attention to the banner ads that appear at the top of the page?

For this one I'm getting:

Fleabusters of California

House Smell Like a Cat?

and

"That pee stink is gone!"

Yup. Just what I needed . . . Dodgy

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
08-04-2014, 06:08 PM
I just tasted fried smoked pancetta, which is bacon if I recall correctly.

It's tasty, but it's not the best thing in the world, you people raised my expectations too high Facepalm

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-04-2014, 06:47 PM
(08-04-2014 06:08 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I just tasted fried smoked pancetta, which is bacon if I recall correctly.

It's tasty, but it's not the best thing in the world, you people raised my expectations too high Facepalm

Blasphemy!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-04-2014, 06:55 PM
(27-09-2012 01:29 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Fun fact: I found an addon for chrome called "unbaby me" which replaces annoying feed topics with posts about my friend's and their babies with pictures of bacon. Best thing I ever did. I can finally enjoy facebook again.

No more "My baby just took a poopie! i'm so proud of little jonny!"

It now says: "Baby removed" and a picture of bacon.

WINNING.

Is this a real thing?

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
08-04-2014, 08:00 PM
(08-04-2014 06:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 06:08 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I just tasted fried smoked pancetta, which is bacon if I recall correctly.

Blasphemy!

I blame you and your epic descriptions!!

I will try it again some time though, it was tasty Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Holy rashers of streaky pork belly nach_in!

You brought the bacon back to life after 18 months! You must be the Bacon Messiah.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption