Bad Advertisements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Bad Advertisements
So I am watching TV last night and more than once I see an add for some touchy feely granola bar which is all natural or some such. They have a brief shot of a young couple enjoying this all natural bar on a rock near a lake. A lake which anyone who know reservoirs will recognize immediately as such. How natural can that be, a lake formed by a dam, the epitome of natural. People who make adds (my wife in her former incarnation excluded) can be politely described as dumb fucks. At least when they stray from the half naked attractive men/women sell stuff motif.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Bad Advertisements
An all-natural granola bar, with ingredients from a farm that used to be a marsh, picked by machines using many components gathered from massive open-pit mines in China and steel mills in America, brought to a processing facility and then driven to a factory where ingredients are mixed by other machines, have artificially created "natural" ingredients added as preservatives, colourings, or flavourings, put into non-biodegradable wrappers, tossed in boxes, and shipped to a grocery store near you (the one where I live was built on a pond).

You know - nature.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
18-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Sometimes they just don't make any sense at all.

I'm reminded of the one where the woman drives through the side of her house with her car. It comes to a crashing halt in the bathroom; she gets out; points the spray bottle at a stain in her shower; sprays it...and that's the commercial.

I'm still not sure why she needed to drive through the wall in order to achieve the product's stain-fighting power. Undecided

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I really dislike those funeral ads where guilt is used to make the families pay top dollar.
Really a bit late, don't you think?Confused
18-05-2013, 05:42 PM
(18-05-2013 04:46 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I really dislike those funeral ads where guilt is used to make the families pay top dollar.
Really a bit late, don't you think?Confused

Or a locket with some of the diceased's ashes in them...

I'm always amused at the dick-hardening ads with the couple in different tubs. First of all who the fuck would put tubs with feet in the middle of a field? And how do you get any hot water out there. Secondly once your Willy is all ready to come out and play there's no place more comfortable to shtoop than in a one person steel tub right?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce