Bad Day

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-03-2011, 04:10 PM
RE: Bad Day
I understand where you're coming from, I've felt the same all my life. But after a while, being alone just stopped bothering me, maybe thats good, maybe it isn't.
The way I've gotten over all the stress and mental fatigue is I look at what I value, what matters most to me, and what I am capable of doing, then finding what fits into that. Not to sound like a theist here but maybe you need to look for your purpose in life.

Try a venn diagram. It helped me quite a bit, may take a while to get all your thoughts in order and find what fits with your values though.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2011, 04:59 PM
(19-03-2011 11:07 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  @cfhmagnet

How did you break the cycle ? Was it a spur of the moment revelation or something you contemplated a long time ?
The first time was spur of the moment. Girl next door. B-) she was proof that if you're available, an interested female just may come along. But that relationship went sour. Unfortunately for me, the lack of confidence came back and I allowed myself to be trapped with her for way too long. That time I contemplated breaking the cycle for a while before I got out of that relationship and into one with this awesome chick I'm going to be marrying.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
19-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Awesome Smile
Send us some wedding cake Big Grin

Oh , and if your first child is hermaphrodite , you are naming it after me Tongue

YES - I'm trolling.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
19-03-2011, 09:32 PM
(19-03-2011 04:10 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  But after a while, being alone just stopped bothering me, maybe thats good, maybe it isn't.

That is a good thing. It means that you have become comfortable with yourself. Needing to be with others all the time usually means you are not comfortable with who you are and you are looking for someone to distract you from yourself.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-03-2011, 07:51 AM
(19-03-2011 07:56 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Awesome Smile
Send us some wedding cake Big Grin

Oh , and if your first child is hermaphrodite , you are naming it after me Tongue

YES - I'm trolling.
Hmmm, I'll have to change the cake plans. And we're not planning on spawning. We were hoping that only idiots would spawn so idiocracy would come true Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
20-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I think there should be a website dedicated to keeping track of how much of "idiocracy" would come true.
I'm not keen on spawning either but who knows what life throws my way.
LOL - get Cake Boss to do your cake , one of those really big ones Tongue

20-03-2011, 03:23 PM
(20-03-2011 01:09 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think there should be a website dedicated to keeping track of how much of "idiocracy" would come true.

I've been trying to find high resolution images of the pictures used at the hospital. I especially want the one of the woman giving birth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2011, 05:54 PM

I know how you feel. Something similar just recently happened to me. Just gotta get back up and brush the dust off....
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2011, 04:32 AM
(20-03-2011 03:23 PM)13mentaculus Wrote:  
(20-03-2011 01:09 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think there should be a website dedicated to keeping track of how much of "idiocracy" would come true.

I've been trying to find high resolution images of the pictures used at the hospital. I especially want the one of the woman giving birth.

Take a screenshot as the movie plays on your computer or a trailer plays or just look up the scene on YT or something.
Then edit the shot with an editing program like Photoshop or GIMP.
You may find a blu-ray edition of the movie , that would have high-resolution , right ?

22-03-2011, 01:32 AM
(20-03-2011 07:51 AM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  Hmmm, I'll have to change the cake plans. And we're not planning on spawning. We were hoping that only idiots would spawn so idiocracy would come true Smile
working on that...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.