Bad Dehydration And Headaches When Waking Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: Bad Dehydration And Headaches When Waking Up
(05-04-2017 04:00 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Hi all.

Lately... for the last week or so... every time I wake up I feel super thirsty and my urine stings and I have a really bad headache.

I know this is all symptoms of dehydration. But I have started having a large mug of water before I go to bed but I still wake up dehydrated and with a really bad headache.

Is it because I'm not drinking much during the day?

Thanks.

ETA: Wow my head really hurts right now Undecided

It used to be easy to drink plenty of fluids but I drank a lot of flavored water that I loved. I probably was more likely to drink too much. I never ever had headaches and my family often did and i must have drank like 20 times a day.

But I live by myself now and I can't afford to buy anything to drink so I just drink tap water which tastes fucking disgusting to me. So I have to remind myself to drink and it's like several times in the morning when I wake up feeling super dehydrated with a bad headache... once more a few hours later and then once before bed.

If I've had alcohol (more than a drink or two) the night before, I always wake up feeling very dehydrated. Usually I wake up in the middle of my sleep so thirsty that I can't fall back asleep until I down a glass of water. Maybe it's something you're consuming that doesn't work well with your body chemistry and is acting like a diuretic? Too much salt?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Go to the doctor - they'll take you seriously. Expect to have bloodwork drawn and to pee in a cup Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
06-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Just joining the chorus of go to the doctor, it's way better safe than sorry. The thirst could be low blood sugar, this was one of the things that surprised me when I was borderline diabetic, I thought it was just dehydration when it was the body going "No dude, something is wrong." Also if the headaches linger, it might be sleep apnea. If they do think it might be, after having fun with needles and cups, then expect maybe a sleep study or two (which other than having all sorts of electrodes in your hair, isn't that bad. Comfortable rooms, usually away from windows from the two hospitals I've had one at, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 11:06 AM by abaris.)
Useless to speculate over something like that. A visit at the doctors is in order, not some internet advice based on anecdotal evidence. Seeing as Turtle lives in the UK and doesn't have to worry over coverage that's the only advice to give.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post