Bad News from Sangha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 09:25 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Bad News from Sangha
(04-08-2014 09:04 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  [Image: 20090115_6feb342fd5a91647445bOtKqJDOxkpvn.jpg][Image: avatar_31868.jpg?dateline=1404255927]

Has this guy ever not had a jacked-up hair-do?! Facepalm

The jacked-up hair-do is a wig ...

... yet I do kinda like this dude's chubby cute smile .

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 06:53 AM
(04-08-2014 08:42 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 08:01 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I can't find anything about an attack other than their own monks and nuns speaking out against the Dalai Lama.

http://buddhism-controversy-blog.com/tag...-and-nuns/

What ? They spoke out against the Dalai Lama ? H.H Dorje Chang III must have deplored about how stupid his followers must have been ... on second thought, if not so gullible, they won't become his followers after all, right ? Anyway, that's not good. Might hurt fundings from the CIA ... unless it's a fight exactly aimed at getting more CIA funding from the competitor's share? Consider

As someone from China and in China, I ran a search with "Dorje Chang" and found an online arrest warrant published by Guangdong Province Police Department in Dec. 30, 2002. Does the man in the picture look familiar ?Gasp
[Image: 20090115_6feb342fd5a91647445bOtKqJDOxkpvn.jpg][Image: avatar_31868.jpg?dateline=1404255927]

Let's see why the man is wanted:

[1] The so-called Dorje Chang, whose name is Yi Yungao, an elementary school graduate student, was originally a contract (and temporary) painter to the Temple of Baoguang ( = gem shine, treasure glow, whatever) at Chengdu, Sichuan (close to my city !) back in 1991. A merchant from Taiwan decorated this guy into a "Master of Oriental Arts".

[2] Then they manufactured a picture of a "esteemed master" worshiping this dude and there he became a Tibetan tantra master. In 1994, this dude was awarded the status of "Top Global Master" in the name of "World Poet Convention", claiming to enjoy the treatment of a nation's head.

[3] In 1995, this dude turned into Jamgoin Gong(qin?) dharma. His mistress Wang Yuyi, a former teller at Shenzhen Wildlife Park, became a female dharma. In 1997 the Taiwan merchant showed this couple off to those gullible in Taiwan.

[4] In 1998 True Buddha Dharma center was registered in Hong Kong and this Dorje dude started his certification business. His mistress became a No.1 Dharma. One of his aide became a No.4 Dharma.

[5] In 2002, as we know, he is wanted for fraud (ripping 60 million CNY / 8 million USD off his followers) and he fled to the US.

@DLJ , I don't know how tolerant this forum is towards cult believers / potential fraud victims / potential fraudsters, yet I think you got my message.

Pure lies, evil lies from Naraka.

Master Wan Ko lives and works publicly in San Fransisco, where is wonderful art is exhibited at the International Art Museum of America, which has 4.5 stars on Yelp! http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-internationa...-francisco
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 08:05 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(05-08-2014 06:53 AM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Pure lies, evil lies from Naraka.

Master Wan Ko lives and works publicly in San Fransisco, where is wonderful art is exhibited at the International Art Museum of America, which has 4.5 stars on Yelp! http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-internationa...-francisco

Who is this Wan Ko dude ?

Doesn't matter. Anyway, I am glad that you tell me that I lied. So would you please tell this Dorje Chang guy to come to China and preach ?

Dare you ?

------

Aha, art ! So that's a wonderful way the temporary painter indulges himself in with the money he ripped off from others.

------

Yelp ! 4.5 stars ! with merely 36 reviews ... not very painstaking for you guys to make the majority of them up, right ? Hey, is the bogus title "Master of Oriental Arts" still working for Dorje Chang ?

Let's look at what the lower ratings say:

Deceptively named museum. Entirely filled with the art of one person, so the art isn't really international. I recommend going literally anywhere else; this museum feels like walking through someone else's vanity project. Instead, go to the Asian Art Museum, Contemporary Jewish Museum, Legion of Honor, DeYoung, or MOMA when it reopens.

This is not a "real" museum. Basically just a showcase for one mediocre artist who wants to display his work. However, you will also find some amazing contemporary Chinese art mixed in. Qi Bai Shi insects and leaves are particularly beautiful. And if you are wandering around San Francisco and want a peaceful place to take a break (and to pee) this place is good. Admission is free too, at least it was when I went.

First of all, this place is not a museum. It is a personal gallery of some guy who proclaimed himself Buddha (well, Buddha the 3rd, to be precise) and who also reckons himself the world's best artist. There are 5 or 10 pieces of other obscure artists thrown in for the mix, but 95% of the artwork is from just one guy.

I was lured to this shameless exhibit by a Facebook invite to the "grand opening". The gaudy, lavishly-decorated but tasteless interior is the first thing you see when you enter. And then, it's on to the galleries upstairs.

And OMG. I've never seen such pomposity in my life. Each of the "paintings" is accompanied by a placard with nothing but praise to Buddha III's supreme talent. It's as if the authors realized that by looking at the art itself, one would never realize what a gifted guy he is, so they outdid themselves in making sure you read and understood it.

As for the paintings themselves, they ranked from OK to just tacky. I actually did enjoy one or two of them done in traditional Chinese style, but the problem was not even in the quality of artwork. It's the fact that most works were indeed reprinted, with obvious artefacts and pixellation. I'm not an art expert, but I know a digital print when I see one. That, along with the drastically different styles among the artwork made me doubt whether this guy is even responsible for it. There were many plainclothed "experts" on his art. In fact, I asked a few random (or so I thought) visitors about this "artist", and they all turned out to be huge fans and afficionados of his work...

Is this "museum" a front for a cult? Entirely possible, although I wouldn't discount the possibility of a sponsorship from the Chinese government for some or another devious purpose. But if you want to figure it out for yourself, do visit this palace of horrendous Chinese kitsch. Just don't laugh too hard.

------

Rinpoche, I can read and write in English, FYI.

06-08-2014, 07:57 PM
(05-08-2014 06:53 AM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Pure lies, evil lies from Naraka.

I told an evil lie from Naraka, and you quitted ?

Come on ! Don't do this to me. I was starting to have fun.