Bad covers/remixes/samplings of songs you like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 05:52 AM
RE: Bad covers/remixes/samplings of songs you like.
(22-10-2012 09:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I know what you mean. What is the point of covering a song is it is going to sound EXACTLY the same. Laughat

Haha! Yeah, he definitely shoudn't've gone into boxing - he could have been a second Nat King Cole...

The only reason this is even semi-palatable is because the Brazilian guy is joining him for the most part of the song... that's actually the encore (if I remember correctly), the first one he did mostly on his own and it was just No I actually felt embarrassed for him (the audience loved it though).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 06:20 AM
(20-10-2012 10:38 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Don't know the name of it, but that song in which Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/Diddy/Sean Combs sampled Kashmir By Zeppelin. It was kind of a hit, but I wanted to punch him in the face every time I heard it.

Was from the Godzilla soundtrack if you needed another reason to hate it.......

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
23-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Here's the original song:

Anyone else heard songs they like get murdered? Post it. Accompanying rants are also good. I can think of more songs, but I'll wait for others to post before I add to the thread.
[/quote]

Actually Vanessa Mae did a pretty good cover of it called 'The Art of War'.

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
23-10-2012, 08:56 AM
(21-10-2012 11:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  Just for kicks and giggles Smile

(version in English for better comparison)

and

The latter I saw live... it was surreal.

It sounds like they had some live auto-tuning going on during Tyson's performance, or they streamed his audio feed through a vocoder or something. Eurgh. Enough to make you want to gnaw your own ears off.

(23-10-2012 06:25 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  Actually Vanessa Mae did a pretty good cover of it called 'The Art of War'.

I listened to it. I dunno, it seems to have lost a lot of it's bombast, to me. The synths sounded cheap to me too. Not quite my taste, I guess.

Here's another track that was murdered - You're Not Alone, by Olive:

Note how the chords, played by the atmospheric gated pad, are not perfectly in time with the rest of the track. There's this really nice disjointed quality that goes amazingly well with the mood and theme of the song. Now listen to this over-produced shite:

Fucking terrible. All the atmosphere of the original track, dispensed with.
23-10-2012, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 09:10 AM by Lilith Pride.)
(23-10-2012 06:25 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  Actually Vanessa Mae did a pretty good cover of it called 'The Art of War'.

That's cause Vanessa Mae is awesome!! =p

let's try kanye west turning a daft punk song into a song about how much more important he is than others.

you guys prefer having the original for comparison?

I'm actually a fan of remakes so I look fo the ones that really do something with songs, but whenever I hear a remake on the radio it always seems to be so much worse. Next time I'll complain about a really popular remake =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-10-2012, 09:08 AM
And how about this abomination. I think I wish there was a hell just so Bolton could be sent there for this atrocity:

Not as a reminder, but as an antidote:

One of the best songs ever written.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
02-11-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 09:40 AM by Vera.)
If I may be allowed to turn this thread on its head ('cause I hate following the rules), here are two 'covers' of incredibly sucky songs, that actually work.
When I was in Rio the abomination below was huge, even though both lyrics and melody suck like you wouldn't believe. Then I came home and found out that it was huge here too, and a lot of my friends were telling me how great a song it was No

And then someone showed me this

and I thought it was among the funniest things I've seen in a long while. Of course, I love fado, so for me almost anything sung as a fado is good.
And when I thought they couldn't get any better, those guys turned this

(which has got to be the worst song and video clip I've ever seen), into this

which despite being, as they said, the only fado where the singer says "I'm the crocooooodile", is actually not only funny but good.
(All the spoilers are so that this post doesn't take up a whole page...)

06-11-2012, 07:19 AM
I really like the song "A Dangerous Meeting" by Mercyful Fate. It's a really fun song in itself, but more than anything, I just love Diamond's voice.

And now, while I enjoy Six Feet Under, they completely destroyed the song.

It's almost laughable.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2012, 02:46 PM
(19-10-2012 10:51 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  I searched on whosampled.com to see if there were any tracks that sampled Sergei Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights. It's a really great piece of classical music and I was wondering if anyone had done anything interesting with it.

Turns out, no.

... I don't think I need to explain why this is garbage.

Here's the original song:

Anyone else heard songs they like get murdered? Post it. Accompanying rants are also good. I can think of more songs, but I'll wait for others to post before I add to the thread.
Oh, for the love of St. Gulik! Twenty-two seconds. That was all I could take. I wish that I could believe in ghosts because I'd really like to see the spirit of Sergei Prokofiev hunt those bastards down!

Diana

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
08-11-2012, 03:02 PM
One of the ten worst (in my considered opinion) covers of all time:

Now, here's how it's SUPPOSED to sound:

I've sung this song, and every time I've done it, I've been close to tears on stage. And yes, the tears are for memories.

Diana

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.