Bad news: Mao is still China's most favorite dude ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 12:38 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Shocked Bad news: Mao is still China's most favorite dude ...
Brother Biao showed his incomparable love for Mao
(title added by me)

"Brother Biao is just letting his money have some fresh air and sun shine ... It is everyone's duty to support the Third Nationwide Economic Survey. And let it start with Brother Biao first." In a several-meter-high ad hoc red tent in the open air in Nanjing on December 24, Mr. CHEN Guangbiao, i.e., the commonly referred to, Brother Biao, stood beside a "money desk" made of pads of 100 Yuan RMB bills and pointed to the three "money walls" on his left and right and behind him, saying "A little exaggerated it is, the way I just like to use to draw more of people's attention and participation to the Third Nationwide Economy Survey."

Red tent, red bills, yellow spotlight and Mr. Chen's characteristic heavy eyebrows and red tie, this is the typical Brother Biao Style: strongly colorful and astonishingly scenic.

"Welcome to my broadcasting studio", he said, which was made of 1.3 billion yuan (representing everyone in China), 16 tons of 100-Yuan RMB bills and 5 hours' labor of 20 construction workers, carried to the site by a huge Dongfeng truck.

January 1st, 2014 is the day when the Third Nationwide Economy Survey is about to start, whose purpose is to "find out the basics thus benefiting the businesses, relying upon the multitudes, with the economy clear from the bottoms, and the development scientific bakced by data and evidences." Mr. Chen said, his way of addressing the event not noly was easier to call for the attention of the folks, but also saved the newspaper coverage and therefore energy and resources.

"The economy survey is helpful for understanding the economy and finances and the cards in those (enterprises' and individuals') hands," Mr. Chen said, "I am not afraid to have my cards revealed. If I was hiding anything under the table, I definitely wouldn't dare to be so high-profile. Let it start with Brother Biao first. And I welcome all confrontational queries."

Not matter what his claims are, there will always be questions regarding his typical way of making his statement, for example, being too showy and exhibitionist.

From 2010 to 2013, there was at least one time every year when Mr. Chen used large amounts of cash notes as the background for his call for charity donations. It was originally "money piles" and "money desks", now it is "money walls" and a "money broadcasting studio". Whenever he heard the two words "showy" and "exhibitionist", he first laughed and admitted that he did overdo it a little, but that was to let more to recognize the need for charity and welfare.

On the subject of being labeled as exhibitionist, Mr. Chen took a look at the bills in his hand, and said, "I hope more can show their wealth together with me, because I have no worries about where my money is from. I do wish my actions can promote more entrepreneurs to show their wealth under the sun in the economy surveys every five years, getting rid of the bugs and shady stuff."

Brother Biao then concluded, "This is my sixth last time I used cash notes as the background, also the grandest and the last."

-----

My PS: Dec. 26 is the birthday of Mao ... interesting.

[Image: 15913281952126267008.jpg]
[Image: 13981751553117615762.jpg]
[Image: 440278955326510943.jpg]
[Image: 212828p4zka34a5ztp7kn8.jpg]
[Image: 2129048lho6djw7rr4oldr.jpg]
[Image: 212845z7jr8vvdrd2dk4d7.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Bad news: Mao is still China's most favorite dude ...
I think I need sope context.
So there's a dude that has Scrooge McDuck levels of money and he does some stunt with it for publicity.

And how is that related to Mao being popular?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
25-12-2013, 03:33 AM
(25-12-2013 02:11 AM)Caveman Wrote:  I think I need sope context.
So there's a dude that has Scrooge McDuck levels of money and he does some stunt with it for publicity.

And how is that related to Mao being popular?

Explanation:

The old dude on the 100-Yuan bill and the pinkish gaine portrait in every picture above ...

... is Mao.

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
25-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Yabut,
Is Mao the popular one, or is it just money?

Also, what's he doing with all that cash? Giving it to people? Or just gloating?
25-12-2013, 07:55 PM
(25-12-2013 09:27 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Yabut,

Also, what's he doing with all that cash? Giving it to people? Or just gloating?

I am not quite sure about Mao's popularity as a historical and political figure. But when he appears on money, he is popular.

I don't know how you feel about people like Mr. Chen. But in China, it is strange and werid to me.

As a millionaire in possession of a private recycling enterprise, he intended to "draw public attention to the Economic Survey". I don't really care about his true purpose. Yet his actions made me feel a little uneasy and I can't clearly picture why.

Well, if I may, I can draw some farfetched conclusions from this: [1] China has such a pathetic culture that only big chunks of money are able to draw public attention to public well-being. [2] Rich people in China are so threatened that they have to put up such a pro-government posture to avoid being harassed. [3] The government is so popular that millionaires are cheering for its actions and policies. [4] We Chinese just love Mao. [5] People are weird.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
25-12-2013, 08:16 PM
(25-12-2013 07:55 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

I am not quite sure about Mao's popularity as a historical and political figure. But when he appears on money, he is popular.

I don't know how you feel about people like Mr. Chen. But in China, it is strange and werid to me.

As a millionaire in possession of a private recycling enterprise, he intended to "draw public attention to the Economic Survey". I don't really care about his true purpose. Yet his actions made me feel a little uneasy and I can't clearly picture why.

Well, if I may, I can draw some farfetched conclusions from this: [1] China has such a pathetic culture that only big chunks of money are able to draw public attention to public well-being. [2] Rich people in China are so threatened that they have to put up such a pro-government posture to avoid being harassed. [3] The government is so popular that millionaires are cheering for its actions and policies. [4] We Chinese just love Mao. [5] People are weird.

I think it is mostly #2 that comes when dealing with an authoritative all encompassing state with no concern for human rights.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-12-2013, 02:33 AM
(25-12-2013 07:55 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

Recyclingbusiness huh? Sounds like we got us a Chinese Tony Soprano.
And there's a lot of weird people and things on money all over the world.
[1] No, just not focused on one of, if not the, richest heritages on the planet.
[2] Why would they be threatened? Does the government not WANT them to be succesful?
[5] No one is arguing against that.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
26-12-2013, 06:33 AM
(26-12-2013 02:33 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Recyclingbusiness huh? Sounds like we got us a Chinese Tony Soprano.
And there's a lot of weird people and things on money all over the world.
[1] No, just not focused on one of, if not the, richest heritages on the planet.
[2] Why would they be threatened? Does the government not WANT them to be succesful?
[5] No one is arguing against that.

About [2], it is just some thoughts based on common sense, because the current fashion (particularly in the real estate business in China) of the rich and the richest is to call for less regulations on the capital and the media. Why doesn't Mr. Chen advocate for free election so that the rich can compete freely with a nobody in terms of political campaigns and stuff ? Earmuffs and alike would definitely have thought so, therefore I thought it would be fun, or at least as farfetched as [3].