Balance of power of 3 branches since Reagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Balance of power of 3 branches since Reagan
Look at the following chart, if you still think GOP economics are good, you are one delusional idiot.

The only thing I can blame my party for is voter apathy and too much compromise by our politicians.

But the data is in since Reagan started deregulation, THE GOP on average has held the majority of all three branches in that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...Senate.png

ALL THAT BLUE you see was the economic boom before Reagan.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: Balance of power of 3 branches since Reagan
I know you're a big fan of party politics Brian - favoring the ( D ) side ----

but the reality is --- economics has more influence on politics and politicians than vice/versa................

Every "expert" said the economy would tank as soon as (if) Trump got elected.

It hasn't happened. In fact - the stock market (just an indicator, of course) has gone up - rather than down as predicted.

And -- I'm not crediting Trump.

The economy, like the wind -- will do as it does - REGARDLESS of how big an ass Trump becomes......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-12-2016, 08:41 AM
(02-12-2016 07:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I know you're a big fan of party politics Brian - favoring the ( D ) side ----

but the reality is --- economics has more influence on politics and politicians than vice/versa................

Every "expert" said the economy would tank as soon as (if) Trump got elected.

It hasn't happened. In fact - the stock market (just an indicator, of course) has gone up - rather than down as predicted.

And -- I'm not crediting Trump.

The economy, like the wind -- will do as it does - REGARDLESS of how big an ass Trump becomes......

Yup. I learned this in "Econ 101" many years ago. And yet people still seem to believe that the President's gonna make it all good.

Having said that, though, I don't see that "trickle-down" economics has done anything good for anyone except the people at the top. "Shit rolls downhill."
02-12-2016, 08:48 AM
(02-12-2016 07:50 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Look at the following chart, if you still think GOP economics are good, you are one delusional idiot.

The only thing I can blame my party for is voter apathy and too much compromise by our politicians.

But the data is in since Reagan started deregulation, THE GOP on average has held the majority of all three branches in that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...Senate.png

ALL THAT BLUE you see was the economic boom before Reagan.

That article is not on wikipedia. You might want to repost the link.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
02-12-2016, 09:31 AM
(02-12-2016 08:48 AM)tomilay Wrote:  That article is not on wikipedia. You might want to repost the link.
This happened before in another thread. I don't know where Brian is getting these broken links from, but here's a working one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...Senate.png

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post