Baldy Man.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Baldy Man.
At an early age I started to go bald.
Being a rather nice looking dude who had originally had really thick wavy hair I was annoyed. Something HAD TO BE DONE!
Well I tried a hair piece for a while. Yay! Windy days were bad! Being called 'wiggy' wasn't nice! dating messy etc etc. I even tried a hair piece sewn on to my scalp..
....problem there with painful infections.
Sooo I opted for hair transplantation and an E.R.B. op later down the traclk.
Actually the E.R.B. was first. A sliver of scalp round 1/2 an inch wide is removed from the scalp, round six inches long, the scalp pulled up, along with existing hair at the sides, and then stapled together. It was done under local injection (huge needle!) after the design is pencilled on to the scalp. Valium is given but I nearly fainted just during the drawing.

I was given really strong pain killers to take at home that night and the post op pain was really intense. Later the removal of the staples too, was quite painful.
Later I opted for more conventional hair grafting which was no where near as bad, but not pleasant, except for the valium. The end job of all procedures was in no way aesthetic or mind blowing............

Now well into late middle age I have wanted to shave my head completely (cool) but the areas from where the donor hair was taken makes areas of my skull look as if I have been in an accident, had brain surgery, or am some type of violent brawler.
Currently I am letting some hair at the back grow long, the rest shaved, and plan a kind of pig tail.

Today lots of young people shave their heads, bald ain't bad, and to any one considering any form of hair plant head mutilation I say...DONT DO IT!Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
19-05-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: Baldy Man.
Just go with real short all over - not shaved. Here we call it a burr cut - about a half an inch high.

Confused Sheesh, you must have spent tons on those surgeries!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-05-2015, 08:44 PM
(19-05-2015 08:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Just go with real short all over - not shaved. Here we call it a burr cut - about a half an inch high.

Confused Sheesh, you must have spent tons on those surgeries!

In Oz we call that a buzz cut, unfortunately the scars still show upNo
19-05-2015, 09:16 PM
I started to notice quite a bit of thinning over the last year. Trying minoxidil now. It's pretty damn cheap, and if it just helps me keep the hair I have, that would be nice. If not... Oh well, I've shaved my head before, and I will likely do so again... and again...

About a month in now, can't really tell if it's helping to thicken up my coverage, since it wasn't too bad to begin with, and it usually takes a few months. However, I have noticed that the hairs seem to be staying on my head, and not collecting in my shower or on my desk at work.

I was looking at old pictures of me in highschool. I suppose I've always had the same hairline, it's just the entire top that seems to be thinning evenly.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
19-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Could be a vitamin deficiency, WATCosmos.
I've been taking the supplement CoQ10 (ubiquinol) for a while and have noticed (among other things) my hair is growing in thick and not shedding like it used to.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-05-2015, 11:15 PM
I would suggest not using any product in your hair, too, guys. If you've been doing so, your hair will get greasy pretty easily, without it, at first. Eventually your hair will never get greasy at all, though /broscience
20-05-2015, 12:30 AM
How bad are the scars. Is it really that bad? Isn't it just something you should be indifferent about really?
20-05-2015, 12:35 AM
(20-05-2015 12:30 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  How bad are the scars. Is it really that bad? Isn't it just something you should be indifferent about really?

Yes I was pretty conceited when I was young.
The scars are pretty bad but will be hidden by a pony tail.
20-05-2015, 01:01 AM
(20-05-2015 12:35 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 12:30 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  How bad are the scars. Is it really that bad? Isn't it just something you should be indifferent about really?

Yes I was pretty conceited when I was young.
The scars are pretty bad but will be hidden by a pony tail.
But perhaps it is time to embrace yourself and stop "hiding" your past. It's just a scare. Many people has scars. I have plenty including self-inflicted ones.

[Image: NmfHjbY.jpg]

I'm not proud of it but it serves as a reminder of a not so distant past. It's forever a part of me. And I don't see a reason to hide it. If you want to be all bald then go for it. It's properly hard at first but once you get past that you come out better in the other end.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-05-2015, 01:50 AM
When I started going bald I just began shaving my head while showering once every 3 or 4 days. Now I find if it even starts to grow out a bit (the parts that still grow) I feel kind of claustrophobic. Like my brain is going to overheat or something.

'Murican Canadian