Baldy Man.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Baldy Man.
(21-05-2015 01:08 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband had hair transplants. It looks great. The doctor did a fantastic job and made it look very natural. Hubby does a lot of theatre and needs hair for certain roles. He sweats too much to wear a hair piece. Hair transplants gives him more options.

He shaved his hair pretty close a while ago and I didn't see any scar on the back of his head where they took the flap of skin. Some people scar more easily. I think it's called keloid scars and the skin makes a kind of a wormy lump.

Anyway, he's happy with it.

My stuff was done in the early 80s.
Imagine the procedures are much better now.

Yes, back in the day the hair used to be almost planted in rows and in larger clumps.

It took 6 hours for my husbands procedure. Much of the time was spent separating the little hairs on the flap of skin that was removed. Several medical people worked on this part of things while the doctor slowly placed each hair in his scalp with some sort of medical tool. This doctor only did two or three transplants patients a week so it wasn't one of those places does one sees on TV commercials.

They had a tv monitor on the ceiling and my husband watched movies while they worked on his head. He got a break every two hours to walk around , have a little coffee and pee, then it was back on the table for more.

It was fascinating.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-05-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Baldy Man.
(23-05-2015 10:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 01:08 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  My stuff was done in the early 80s.
Imagine the procedures are much better now.

Yes, back in the day the hair used to be almost planted in rows and in larger clumps.

It took 6 hours for my husbands procedure. Much of the time was spent separating the little hairs on the flap of skin that was removed. Several medical people worked on this part of things while the doctor slowly placed each hair in his scalp with some sort of medical tool. This doctor only did two or three transplants patients a week so it wasn't one of those places does one sees on TV commercials.

They had a tv monitor on the ceiling and my husband watched movies while they worked on his head. He got a break every two hours to walk around , have a little coffee and pee, then it was back on the table for more.

It was fascinating.

Mine also caused something of q bump at the front of my head which took decades to go away. Transplantation was pretty much in its infancy in those day, and I think the ERB op was dropped completely.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply