Baloney detection kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Thumbs Up Baloney detection kit
Baloney detection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU

1. How reliable is the source of the claim?
2.Does the source make similar claims?
3. Have the claims been verified by somebody else?
4. Does this fit with the way the world works?
5. Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?
6. Where does the preponderance of evidence point?
7. Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?
8. Is the claimant providing positive evidence?
9. Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?
10. Are personal beliefs driving the claim?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mother recommended me to read 2 books written by Leo Nygren about old chinese medical ''science''. It did'nt get pass the first question, the guy does'nt even have sources. But the books are fun, you know you have to check ones eyes, eyebrows, eyelashes, ears, hair, lips, nose, teeth, tongue, hands, nails, legs, feet, toes, skin and probably everything else too before thinking of a long relationship with her/him.Big Grin Also, homosexuality is connected with eating too much ''Yin-foods'', which means unheathy stuff (also potatoes, tropical fruits and tomatoes, but those are not unhealthy) and that's the major cause for ''homosexuality increasing in western countries''.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 08:14 PM
RE: Baloney detection kit
=)) That's too funny ...

I think that book is a perfect example of how people justify their own shortcomings with the irrational.
31-12-2010, 01:30 PM
That kind of just shows how people will draw conclusions for the sake of having answers, and not make the effort for real answers.
31-12-2010, 02:41 PM
That bit about homosexuality made me laugh. Should be easy enough to test. And if that is true, gays in the military shouldn't be an issue. Feed them good, healthy food(I'd imagine they do that anyway), and no gays in the military, problem solved.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!