Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-03-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(20-03-2017 11:37 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Back when I visited Pharyngula, if a troll got really obnoxious, PZ Myers would "disemvowel" remove all the vowels from) their posts and repost them in Comic Sans.
A writers' group that I used to belong to, which was structured as a members-only (for copyright-ish reasons) forum, used to do this dimevoweling of trollish posts too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like John Derderian's post
21-03-2017, 11:33 AM
It appears Agnostic Shame loves us so much he gave unto us his smelly socks Angel Got Darwin and Abuse of Power.

Joy to the world. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-03-2017, 11:50 AM
(21-03-2017 11:33 AM)kim Wrote:  It appears Agnostic Shame loves us so much he gave unto us his smelly socks Angel Got Darwin and Abuse of Power.

Joy to the world. Drinking Beverage

There was some debate about approving those posts before banning him. The level of smugness in being so much smarter than everyone else while at the same time being the most obvious sockpuppet account at the same time was damn near art.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-03-2017, 11:52 AM
(20-03-2017 11:37 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Back when I visited Pharyngula, if a troll got really obnoxious, PZ Myers would "disemvowel" remove all the vowels from) their posts and repost them in Comic Sans.

Unfortunately PZ got pretty obnoxious.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-03-2017, 12:53 PM
(21-03-2017 11:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Unfortunately PZ got pretty obnoxious.

Yes I haven't been there in over a decade.
21-03-2017, 01:25 PM
(21-03-2017 12:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 11:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Unfortunately PZ got pretty obnoxious.

Yes I haven't been there in over a decade.

Sounds horrendous, my biggest fear is banjo has swapped one forum for another with equal problems, trolls are universal. I curse the individual who suggested he swap, although they thought they were doing the right thing they most assuredly did not. My fist is itching to blast them Into the nexus. Angry seriously pissed off right nowAngry
21-03-2017, 02:34 PM
(20-03-2017 08:42 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 04:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Have you read anything that Borg has posted?

I know what you mean. Sometimes I wonder how The Borg functions throughout each day. Can he actually work at a real job? He seems to be able to figure out how to turn his computer on but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

From what I gleaned from his posts, if you can believe any of it, is that he worked at on a scientific team at an intern level, he doesn't work there now and can't get a job now.

I could certainly see why, I would've really liked to see the face of any interviewer if he revealed in the interview that he's a young-Earth creationist or that Jesus decides whether a photon behaves like a particle or wave.

That's a level of delusion that makes you wonder if he would starve to death if he didn't think his fork was from the one True God.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
21-03-2017, 09:10 PM
(19-03-2017 10:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 10:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That's why you make the big bucks.

Wait, am I supposed to be paid? Unsure

> Mom, I'm not trying to be facetious, but how do you define a cock pimple? I have noted that this is how you have described some banned members. Rolleyes
21-03-2017, 09:14 PM
(21-03-2017 09:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 10:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wait, am I supposed to be paid? Unsure

> Mom, I'm not trying to be facetious, but how do you define a cock pimple? I have noted that this is how you have described some banned members. Rolleyes

Some say it's a gift, some say she has alien technology. It is a myth spread throughout the ages and we may never know the true answer. One thing we do know for sure, it is a blessing amongst us all.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
21-03-2017, 09:14 PM
(21-03-2017 09:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 10:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wait, am I supposed to be paid? Unsure

I'll answer...her iPhone hates her and makes some weird assumptions regarding what she is trying to say. She meant sock puppet and it came out cock pimple...so the forum has embraced the new phrasing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post