Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(31-10-2017 10:48 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Muffs is gone. Is this for real?

Apparently so. I like muffs a lot -- he is one of my favorite posters here -- but he can be a dick sometimes, and I think he went too far this time. When you fuck up, you have to admit it and take your licks. If he was pretending that there was nothing wrong with what he did, then he deserves to be banned. Too bad, but we have to have certain standards, and we have to uphold them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-10-2017, 11:00 AM
The tag line under his name does not say 'Banned'

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
31-10-2017, 11:02 AM
(31-10-2017 10:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 10:48 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Muffs is gone. Is this for real?

Apparently so. I like muffs a lot -- he is one of my favorite posters here -- but he can be a dick sometimes, and I think he went too far this time. When you fuck up, you have to admit it and take your licks. If he was pretending that there was nothing wrong with what he did, then he deserves to be banned. Too bad, but we have to have certain standards, and we have to uphold them.

Am I allowed to ask what he was banned for ? I missed any post/thread about it.
[Quick edit: I saw moms post in the ban log thread, just wondering what was actually said/who to/etc]

Muffs was always pretty cool in my book. I could see he had a bit of a "fuck you" attitude, but when that wasn't at full tilt, he seemed a pretty cool guy. Hopefully we'll see him back at some point.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
31-10-2017, 11:05 AM
(31-10-2017 11:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 10:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Apparently so. I like muffs a lot -- he is one of my favorite posters here -- but he can be a dick sometimes, and I think he went too far this time. When you fuck up, you have to admit it and take your licks. If he was pretending that there was nothing wrong with what he did, then he deserves to be banned. Too bad, but we have to have certain standards, and we have to uphold them.

Am I allowed to ask what he was banned for ? I missed any post/thread about it.
[Quick edit: I saw moms post in the ban log thread, just wondering what was actually said/who to/etc]

Muffs was always pretty cool in my book. I could see he had a bit of a "fuck you" attitude, but when that wasn't at full tilt, he seemed a pretty cool guy. Hopefully we'll see him back at some point.

He and SYZ apparently don't get along, and he accused SYZ of being a child rapist. He then posted an "apology" that said SYZ isn't actually a child rapist, but fantasizes about it. Pedophilia is sort of a taboo topic here, as it should be.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-10-2017, 11:10 AM
(31-10-2017 11:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He and SYZ apparently don't get along, and he accused SYZ of being a child rapist. He then posted an "apology" that said SYZ isn't actually a child rapist, but fantasizes about it. Pedophilia is sort of a taboo topic here, as it should be.

[Image: 200w.gif]

WELL, that is a tad overboard there, I can see why it may have lead to his dismissal.

Sad to see him go though. Maybe he'll think it over and come back to us at some point.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
31-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Are you allowed to come back after being banned? That kinda defeats the purpose and plays fast and loose with the word “banned.”

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2017, 11:16 AM
(31-10-2017 11:14 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Are you allowed to come back after being banned? That kinda defeats the purpose and plays fast and loose with the word “banned.”

Well, strictly speaking, he was given a "punishment" and refused to accept it, and the refusal is what he was banned for. He might be allowed back in if he shows a bit of humility. However, only the mods know the details, and muffs showing humility is pretty unlikely in any event.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-10-2017, 11:23 AM
I am sorry to see Muffs is gone I will miss him, however, he was unfortunately his own worst enemy, his ego and lack of humility was his undoing. You cannot have a situation where rules do not apply to one individual, it smacks of favouritism undermines moderation and administration and makes them appear weak, causes resentment as well as giving a very bad impression of the forum to newcomers and atheist/ theist lurkers and guests. If only he had been able to accept his punishment and use it as a period of personal reflection and growth. I sincerely hope that this isn't going to cause a division or any backlash towards anyone, that would be very unfortunate. Given what day it is its definitely ironic and very muffsy, I wish him well for the future.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-10-2017, 11:23 AM
(31-10-2017 11:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The tag line under his name does not say 'Banned'

I hadn't seen the ban log entry... I am also sorry to see him go but agree that he went too far this time. He is a bit of a hair shirt but I appreciated his sense of humor and it's a loss to the forum IMO. I'd be in favor of lifting the ban if he admits that he overstepped... fucking earmuffs...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-10-2017, 11:27 AM
(31-10-2017 11:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You cannot have a situation where rules do not apply to one individual, it smacks of favouritism undermines moderation and administration and makes them appear weak, causes resentment as well as giving a very bad impression of the forum to newcomers and atheist/ theist lurkers and guests.

He had his own special username color (yellow-orange), because he complained about it. From what I understand, that was mainly done as a joke to poke fun of the fact that he'd even asked.