Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(31-10-2017 10:56 AM)Free Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 10:48 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Muffs is gone. Is this for real?

Yes, unfortunately.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is that because of what he was saying about another member, and would not retract it, forced Mums to take a stand on what is not acceptable. I can understand the point because if it's unacceptable and outright malicious, and no hint of self-correction forthcoming, then will it happen again?

There's a line that was crossed, and it should not be crossed. We cannot allow that kind of line to be crossed again.

The end result was that he asked to be banned rather than correct the behavior.

He was given a choice and instead of accepting the punishment that was given he decided instead to just be banned. I am sorry to see him go, always liked Muffs but he always acted as if the rules did not apply to him and when he was disabused of that notion he chose to take his ball and go home.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-10-2017, 11:31 AM
(31-10-2017 11:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You cannot have a situation where rules do not apply to one individual, it smacks of favouritism undermines moderation and administration and makes them appear weak, causes resentment as well as giving a very bad impression of the forum to newcomers and atheist/ theist lurkers and guests.

He had his own special username color (yellow-orange), because he complained about it. From what I understand, that was mainly done as a joke to poke fun of the fact that he'd even asked.

I often wondered why he was a different colour to everyone else.
31-10-2017, 11:35 AM
(31-10-2017 11:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You cannot have a situation where rules do not apply to one individual, it smacks of favouritism undermines moderation and administration and makes them appear weak, causes resentment as well as giving a very bad impression of the forum to newcomers and atheist/ theist lurkers and guests.

He had his own special username color (yellow-orange), because he complained about it. From what I understand, that was mainly done as a joke to poke fun of the fact that he'd even asked.

It was actually a privilege he was given for doing something or other for the forum, one that he was about to permanently lose.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-10-2017, 11:36 AM
(31-10-2017 11:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He had his own special username color (yellow-orange), because he complained about it. From what I understand, that was mainly done as a joke to poke fun of the fact that he'd even asked.

I often wondered why he was a different colour to everyone else.

At the risk of being a bit self-aggrandizing...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
31-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Ban Log Commentary Thread
Rules should apply equaly to everyone so I can only applaud mods decission.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
31-10-2017, 11:41 AM
(31-10-2017 11:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Am I allowed to ask what he was banned for ? I missed any post/thread about it.
[Quick edit: I saw moms post in the ban log thread, just wondering what was actually said/who to/etc]

Muffs was always pretty cool in my book. I could see he had a bit of a "fuck you" attitude, but when that wasn't at full tilt, he seemed a pretty cool guy. Hopefully we'll see him back at some point.

He and SYZ apparently don't get along, and he accused SYZ of being a child rapist. He then posted an "apology" that said SYZ isn't actually a child rapist, but fantasizes about it. Pedophilia is sort of a taboo topic here, as it should be.

In the interest of equity though and don't get me wrong I'm very fond of SYZ but it didn't help matters that he seemed to follow muffs from thread to thread seemingly looking for an argument and provoking and flaming him, there's a reason we have an ignore button I just wish they both had used it. No disrespect to you SYZ I like you a lot so please chime in and tell me if you think I'm wrong and why, I'm always happy to listen to your pov.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-10-2017, 12:05 PM
I was getting somewhat concerned that this would become a place where false accusations of child rape were allowed. Glad it's not.

[+] 8 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
31-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Most of y'all know I didn't get along with muffs. I think his attitude is off-putting and I don't find him charming in the least, so I really can't say I'll miss him. The way I see it, he is practically a double-standard personified and it finally caught up to him.

If SYZ did actually follow him around and post in his threads, I see nothing inconsistent with his attitude of "I can say whatever I want". So can SYZ. But when you do go down that path of complete disregard for other people in favor of your own free speech, you deal with the consequences. And sometimes that consequence will be pissing people off enough that they call you out on it in various threads. Even so, there are codes of conduct set in place by the administration, and you don't break that code without expecting some sort of rebuke.

I'd rather see people being considerate of each other, but it's a two-way street. And he didn't care about being considerate of other people over himself. I'd also rather see him accept punishment and stick around and grow as a person through the very act of doing so. But his refusal is his decision.

I know a lot of you see muffs from a different angle, and that's great that you have that friendship. Not all of us have that friendship with him, and we have a different perspective on his behavior as a result.

Regardless- I do wish him the best in his future, whether it be here or elsewhere.
[+] 16 users Like Emma's post
31-10-2017, 01:46 PM
(31-10-2017 11:35 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was actually a privilege he was given for doing something or other for the forum, one that he was about to permanently lose.

Thanks for the clarification.
31-10-2017, 02:26 PM
(31-10-2017 11:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He was given a choice and instead of accepting the punishment that was given he decided instead to just be banned.

So what you're saying is that CuntMuffin pulled a Mr. Woof. That is fucking hilarious. Like karma fucking hilarious. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post