Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91020510...-10-months

"Double standards! Double standards!" Really?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
31-10-2017, 05:39 PM
(31-10-2017 04:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  In the interest of equity though and don't get me wrong I'm very fond of SYZ but it didn't help matters that he seemed to follow muffs from thread to thread seemingly looking for an argument and provoking and flaming him, there's a reason we have an ignore button I just wish they both had used it. No disrespect to you SYZ I like you a lot so please chime in and tell me if you think I'm wrong and why, I'm always happy to listen to your pov.

earmuffs had done the same thing to others, so live by the sword, die by the sword. Drinking Beverage

Fair comment.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-10-2017, 05:40 PM
(31-10-2017 02:29 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I put Earmuffs on ignore as soon as I started posting here in February. I very much disliked his inflamatory language.

> Same here. I put him on ignore within a few days of joining the discussions.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
31-10-2017, 05:44 PM
(31-10-2017 05:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 02:29 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I put Earmuffs on ignore as soon as I started posting here in February. I very much disliked his inflamatory language.

> Same here. I put him on ignore within a few days of joining the discussions.

I actually only put him on ignore after this situation unfolded. Then he was banned.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
31-10-2017, 05:49 PM
(31-10-2017 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I actually only put him on ignore after this situation unfolded. Then he was banned.

See what you did? Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
31-10-2017, 08:18 PM
This is not at all what I wanted.

I

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
31-10-2017, 08:37 PM
fuck Sad

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
31-10-2017, 08:39 PM
(31-10-2017 11:23 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 11:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The tag line under his name does not say 'Banned'

I hadn't seen the ban log entry... I am also sorry to see him go but agree that he went too far this time. He is a bit of a hair shirt but I appreciated his sense of humor and it's a loss to the forum IMO. I'd be in favor of lifting the ban if he admits that he overstepped... fucking earmuffs...

He's been increasingly offensive for a while and he is vindictive. No net loss. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2017, 08:47 PM
(31-10-2017 11:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  In the interest of equity though and don't get me wrong I'm very fond of SYZ but it didn't help matters that he seemed to follow muffs from thread to thread seemingly looking for an argument and provoking and flaming him, there's a reason we have an ignore button I just wish they both had used it. No disrespect to you SYZ I like you a lot so please chime in and tell me if you think I'm wrong and why, I'm always happy to listen to your pov.

I appreciate your honest opinions Adey, no probs. But I've never intentionally "followed" Earmuffs from thread to thread—even if it seemed that way to you. In fact, it was more a case of the exact opposite, with his insults directed at me getting more personal as they progressed. I guess the child rapist accusation and his false apology for that only exacerbated the situation—which is why I backed off from responding to him.

Incidentally, I never put anyone on 'ignore' as it invariably disrupts the flow of the thread when you're reading it. Regardless, you still often see the ignored member's posts quoted in others' later comments.

Cheers. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
31-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Oh. Sad

I am sorry to see a fellow Antipodian... go.

Still, while I never ineracted with Muffs... It was their style of posting/Language which disuaded me from doing so... I am sadened by the diminishment (Is that a word?) of the forum memebers.

Perhaps, in time, they'll adjust and be allowed to return?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post