Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-02-2018, 12:29 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
It seems people are taking pot-shots at me here, so I want to make it clear I stuck up for the guy before he went mental on everyone. At that point he was posting very reasonably yet receiving responses as if he'd already gone mental. I feel I did the right thing. He was trying to discuss a subject sensibly and was being treated like a freak. That was my assessment, and I didn't like it, so I spoke up. I didn't mention any names, and tried to just get people to think a little, that's all. I don't even remember who wrote what when I stuck up for him, I'd just seen a pattern of intolerance.

It's not my fault he started trolling and issuing threats after that. To hold me accountable for that is unfair.

If no one was talking about me, then please ignore this.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
22-02-2018, 12:39 AM
(22-02-2018 12:29 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It seems people are taking pot-shots at me here, so I want to make it clear I stuck up for the guy before he went mental on everyone. At that point he was posting very reasonably yet receiving responses as if he'd already gone mental. I feel I did the right thing. He was trying to discuss a subject sensibly and was being treated like a freak. That was my assessment, and I didn't like it, so I spoke up.

It's not my fault he started trolling and issuing threats after that. To hold me accountable for that is unfair.

I apologise. I guess my previous post came across passive aggressive. I'm not judging you for what the dick did after, I'm crapping on you for presuming to tell the great me what to do Wink I was irritated by the disappointment you expressed. Which is illogical, since I've told other people on this forum that I'm disappointed in them and not expected and not gotten blow back.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2018, 04:37 AM
(22-02-2018 12:29 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It seems people are taking pot-shots at me here, so I want to make it clear I stuck up for the guy before he went mental on everyone. At that point he was posting very reasonably yet receiving responses as if he'd already gone mental. I feel I did the right thing. He was trying to discuss a subject sensibly and was being treated like a freak. That was my assessment, and I didn't like it, so I spoke up. I didn't mention any names, and tried to just get people to think a little, that's all. I don't even remember who wrote what when I stuck up for him, I'd just seen a pattern of intolerance.

My posts were honestly not aimed at you my friend.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-02-2018, 07:26 AM
(22-02-2018 04:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-02-2018 12:29 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It seems people are taking pot-shots at me here, so I want to make it clear I stuck up for the guy before he went mental on everyone. At that point he was posting very reasonably yet receiving responses as if he'd already gone mental. I feel I did the right thing. He was trying to discuss a subject sensibly and was being treated like a freak. That was my assessment, and I didn't like it, so I spoke up. I didn't mention any names, and tried to just get people to think a little, that's all. I don't even remember who wrote what when I stuck up for him, I'd just seen a pattern of intolerance.

My posts were honestly not aimed at you my friend.

Thank you Smile It's okay, I didn't think they were.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
22-02-2018, 08:19 AM
(21-02-2018 04:26 PM)Emma Wrote:  Hmm... that's something that completely blew past me. It doesn't seem like I'm missing anything that I want to catch up on, though. Shocking

You're probably better off having avoided it.

From my perspective, I saw the necro thread had been necroed and thought "I read that dumpster fire a few years ago, I'm not clicking on it, now". So, I missed everything he said in there until he was banned.

What I'd noticed about him in other threads was that he lashed out a lot and seemed to go out of his way to be confrontational, and he didn't seem to be adding any real content to the discussions. I was about one post away from just putting him on ignore for not being productive, and moving on with my life, and I saw that he was banned, and learned about the creepier side to him.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
07-03-2018, 09:28 PM
What the fuck just happened over there?

Is I’mFred bipolar, or did some manic kid come and hijack his account?

I knew the guy to be kind of depressive and that he had a bit of a bite to him, but what I saw today was really some next-level shit. Please advise.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
07-03-2018, 09:41 PM
(07-03-2018 09:28 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  What the fuck just happened over there?

Is I’mFred bipolar, or did some manic kid come and hijack his account?

I knew the guy to be kind of depressive and that he had a bit of a bite to him, but what I saw today was really some next-level shit. Please advise.

I donno. He flipped out. I'm so glad he quit teaching though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-03-2018, 09:51 PM
ImFred went off the rails. Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-03-2018, 09:55 PM
(07-03-2018 09:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  ImFred went off the rails. Huh

That or someone hijacked his persona. One of the weirder turn of events.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-03-2018, 09:59 PM
(07-03-2018 09:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 09:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  ImFred went off the rails. Huh

That or someone hijacked his persona. One of the weirder turn of events.

I recall him going off before on someone (it was when KUSA neutral repped him), so I doubt that :/

Ignorance is not to be ignored.
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post