Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-12-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(30-12-2014 09:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can we just let this particular topic go?

You're not one of we, you're one of them.

Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2014, 09:35 PM
(30-12-2014 09:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're not one of we, you're one of them.

Weeping

Hug

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Quote:Can we just let this particular topic go?

Consider

Around here?

[Image: blank.jpg]
[Image: Highland_Cattle_bull.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-12-2014, 09:40 PM
(30-12-2014 08:55 PM)Free Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I wasn't gonna permaban a long time member like Woof just for throwing a hissy fit. I honestly think he needs the break more than anything. We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes.

Yes we can be, and I am no exception. I should have known better than to tease him with a couple of posts designed to illicit a few laughs at his expense.

I am deeply sorrowful for my part in perhaps tipping him over to such a degree that he felt he had nothing else to lose here on this forum, and therefore tested you with such reckless abandonment.

I have seen many other forum members go at him for the things he said or did, and then things got worse after that. I can only imagine how dejected the poor old fellow got over many of us hammering away at him; dejected to the point that he lost all hope for us here on this forum and then things went downhill even faster.

I know from experience that it is no fun being the target of the wrath of other members on this forum, or any forum for that matter. Unless you've experienced it, you may not understand. But suffice to say that it most definitely has a very negative impact on the attitude one has in regards to the forum itself, as well as the other members here.

He's a 72 year old man, and for all we know, we may be all he really has. This place may be the reason he wakes up for each day; the highlight of his day that makes life worth living.

He is one of us.

And if I have taken any joy away from him because of my insensitivity, then I humbly apologize to him and to this forum.

Free, Don't beat yourself up about this. People get upset that a member posts about a certain topic quite regularly, admin issues a warning, member calls his bluff, he gets temporarily banned for 30 days (because he's an otherwise good member). Doesn't matter what was said, each member needs to be responsible for themselves, and their actions.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Hey, that cow's got a doo like my dog. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-12-2014, 09:42 PM
(30-12-2014 09:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, that cow's got a doo like my dog. Tongue

I call bull!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-12-2014, 09:51 PM
(30-12-2014 09:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, that cow's got a doo like my dog. Tongue

I call bull!

[Image: UV4hdRK.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-12-2014, 09:52 PM
(30-12-2014 09:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I call bull!

[Image: UV4hdRK.jpg]

Awww, it's George! Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-12-2014, 09:55 PM
(30-12-2014 09:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: UV4hdRK.jpg]

Awww, it's George! Smile

Who was completely thrilled to be disturbed by Free Thought's insolence.

30-12-2014, 09:57 PM
I feel that my pun was not received...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post