Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
I see people are getting banned for spamming. Even Mr. Woof has been banned, although only for a month. Nice, but I do have a question. Why wasn't this power active while I was mod?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 10:02 AM
(31-12-2014 10:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  I see people are getting banned for spamming. Even Mr. Woof has been banned, although only for a month. Nice, but I do have a question. Why wasn't this power active while I was mod?

Smile

The admin at the time didn't believe in banning. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-12-2014, 10:04 AM
(31-12-2014 10:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  I see people are getting banned for spamming. Even Mr. Woof has been banned, although only for a month. Nice, but I do have a question. Why wasn't this power active while I was mod?

Smile

The admin at the time didn't believe in banning. Drinking Beverage

derp

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-12-2014, 10:36 AM
(31-12-2014 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  The admin at the time didn't believe in banning. Drinking Beverage

derp

You can 'derp' all you want, but the history is clear.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Did some new neo-Nazi scrub get banned? Where's the details? Blink

living word
01-01-2015, 07:27 PM
(30-12-2014 02:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I wasn't gonna permaban a long time member like Woof just for throwing a hissy fit. I honestly think he needs the break more than anything. We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes.

Whut? Wolf threw a hissie fit? No way!
Say it aint so. Say it aint so.

(LOL)

Actually, I like him...well I try. Dont think he likes me....but I have tried to get along w him.
Just wish he wasn't so unhappy all the time.
As in....Damn!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
01-01-2015, 07:38 PM
(30-12-2014 08:55 PM)Free Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I wasn't gonna permaban a long time member like Woof just for throwing a hissy fit. I honestly think he needs the break more than anything. We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes.

Yes we can be, and I am no exception. I should have known better than to tease him with a couple of posts designed to illicit a few laughs at his expense.

I am deeply sorrowful for my part in perhaps tipping him over to such a degree that he felt he had nothing else to lose here on this forum, and therefore tested you with such reckless abandonment.

I have seen many other forum members go at him for the things he said or did, and then things got worse after that. I can only imagine how dejected the poor old fellow got over many of us hammering away at him; dejected to the point that he lost all hope for us here on this forum and then things went downhill even faster.

I know from experience that it is no fun being the target of the wrath of other members on this forum, or any forum for that matter. Unless you've experienced it, you may not understand. But suffice to say that it most definitely has a very negative impact on the attitude one has in regards to the forum itself, as well as the other members here.

He's a 72 year old man, and for all we know, we may be all he really has. This place may be the reason he wakes up for each day; the highlight of his day that makes life worth living.

He is one of us.

And if I have taken any joy away from him because of my insensitivity, then I humbly apologize to him and to this forum.

Free....if I could rep point you more, I would. That's the single greatest thing I've seen said here in a good long while. Absolutely impressive! Thank you for typing up exactly what makes this forum so wonderful...Truly good natured individuals!!!

(Hug)

No....really. Thanks!
I'm just proud to know you.

[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-01-2015, 07:44 PM
(30-12-2014 09:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can we just let this particular topic go?

He will be back.

Why?
Why should we not discuss how we feel or what we think about Wolf's mini-ban? Isn't that what this thread is for?
And I mean no disrespect.....I am genuinely asking.

01-01-2015, 07:59 PM
(01-01-2015 07:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can we just let this particular topic go?

He will be back.

Why?
Why should we not discuss how we feel or what we think about Wolf's mini-ban? Isn't that what this thread is for?
And I mean no disrespect.....I am genuinely asking.

The fact that you felt it appropriate to add "no disrespect" is unsettling for me. I also felt that I shouldn't question the request but did mention that the request wasn't being followed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-01-2015, 08:22 PM
I think Moms was pretty clearly stating her opinion that we would be better served to let this go. I DON'T think she ever implied that it was some sort of official TTA request.

Seriously you guys, you're welcome to discuss whatever you like, as always. Just like Moms is still entitled to her opinion, even though she's wearing purple.

Now get along, before I ban the lot of you and keep the forum just for me and Egor!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post