Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2015, 06:42 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(30-12-2014 02:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes.

True of most forums that have an ideological focus, with one ideology in the majority. Mob rule is typically part of the process of maintaining that majority.

Applause to Stark Raving for not being stark raving, and for speaking a bit of perhaps inconvenient truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 06:59 AM
(02-01-2015 06:42 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes.

True of most forums that have an ideological focus, with one ideology in the majority. Mob rule is typically part of the process of maintaining that majority.

Applause to Stark Raving for not being stark raving, and for speaking a bit of perhaps inconvenient truth.

You just forgot one thing.

You're a stupid asshole. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-01-2015, 07:54 AM
(02-01-2015 06:42 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  

How could that possibly be an inconvenient truth?

Hell, I'd be surprised that if you canvassed the entirety of the long-standing forum populace (we'll arbitrarily place this mark at six months of consistent posting, considering the rate of people who join and never post) and managed to find a single person who disagreed with the statement that "We can be an awful pack of wolves here sometimes."

It might not be the happiest of facts, but it's hardly 'inconvenient'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
02-01-2015, 08:49 AM
I guess that many used to belong to a pack of sheep.

KC still does.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
02-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Looks like Baba's possibly trying to make a break for Bansville....

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
02-01-2015, 10:41 AM
I think he was getting pretty close to the spam threshold a while back, and is now just thrashing around. I look for the good in people and it is possible he will become nothing worse(?) than another Gordon or Heywood perhaps, but I could certainly see him losing his cool and heading for the exit. That said I haven't been checking carefully enough for the "Personal Issues and Support" tag when searching new posts lately. Mea culpa.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
02-01-2015, 11:32 AM
(02-01-2015 10:41 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I think he was getting pretty close to the spam threshold a while back, and is now just thrashing around.

I invite the mods to ban me at their pleasure, with my blessings. Seriously. If that's easier for you, just do it, forget it, and move on. No problem, and no complaints from here.

If the 29 people on my Ignore List should so desire, they could start a petition drive and make a case to the mods as to why I should go. That might be fun for them, I dunno.

The evidence seems to suggest they prefer I hang around so they can yell at me. Shouldn't I be rewarded for providing this selfless public service? :-)
02-01-2015, 11:40 AM
(02-01-2015 11:32 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 10:41 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I think he was getting pretty close to the spam threshold a while back, and is now just thrashing around.

I invite the mods to ban me at their pleasure, with my blessings. Seriously. If that's easier for you, just do it, forget it, and move on. No problem, and no complaints from here.

If the 29 people on my Ignore List should so desire, they could start a petition drive and make a case to the mods as to why I should go. That might be fun for them, I dunno.

The evidence seems to suggest they prefer I hang around so they can yell at me. Shouldn't I be rewarded for providing this selfless public service? :-)

How do we know if we're on his ignore list?
He seems to ignore anyone with a valid point.
02-01-2015, 11:41 AM
(02-01-2015 11:32 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  If the 29 people on my Ignore List should so desire, they could start a petition drive and make a case to the mods as to why I should go. That might be fun for them, I dunno.

29? really! Lololol

we must try harder. Weeping

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-01-2015, 11:54 AM
(02-01-2015 11:40 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 11:32 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I invite the mods to ban me at their pleasure, with my blessings. Seriously. If that's easier for you, just do it, forget it, and move on. No problem, and no complaints from here.

How do we know if we're on his ignore list?
He seems to ignore anyone with a valid point.

I think if someone's got you on ignore, the option to pm them is missing.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta