Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
Oddly, I was on and saw right when that happened. That was unexpected.

Maybe Woofy is just so used to codependent relationships in his real life, that he decided his presence here could operate in a similar manner.

Guess he screwed the pooch one too many times, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-08-2015, 10:03 PM

[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
You know I wonder what went down before putting down woof? Like the day it happened.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-08-2015, 10:25 PM
(07-08-2015 10:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You know I wonder what went down before putting down woof? Like the day it happened.

He pleaded to be put out of his misery.

#sigh
07-08-2015, 10:33 PM
(07-08-2015 10:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 10:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You know I wonder what went down before putting down woof? Like the day it happened.

He pleaded to be put out of his misery.

I was gonna like this post, but it felt weird. This is a sad truth. I didn't like Woof, but I also didn't want to be the guy to put the old hound down. It was his choice in the end though.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Fair enough, he was a strange character. I wish he improved himself instead of just wanting to get banned.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-08-2015, 10:43 PM
(07-08-2015 10:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
He pleaded to be put out of his our misery.

Fixt

Blink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Kinda sad the Muslim was bent on being such a dick. I would have liked some insight into the personal appeal of Islam for what appeared to be a fairly educated and expressive person.

Anyone can be indoctrinated but, I like to see the personal account, the personal description of one's acceptance of faith.

About Woofy... I think part of his personal issues have a bit to do with attention and controlling that attention. He also seemed unable to take personal responsibility for his own hang ups... example; if he was sad or angry, it was someone else's fault... really? He refused to examine his own contribution to his "problem".

In the end, it's possible he wanted to be banned so he could say, "See, I'm a complete dick because, I can't even hang with people who hate & abuse me. ... So, cool ... now I really have a reason to drink ... and, it's all their fault!! So, yay!"

I would liken it to another, in a series of repeated attempts toward, a really slow suicide.

Codependency is a social disease ... Consider a bit like religion.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-08-2015, 08:59 AM
(08-08-2015 08:30 AM)kim Wrote:  Kinda sad the Muslim was bent on being such a dick. I would have liked some insight into the personal appeal of Islam for what appeared to be a fairly educated and expressive person.

Anyone can be indoctrinated but, I like to see the personal account, the personal description of one's acceptance of faith.

That simply ain't going to happen unless we adopt different approaches for different degrees of indoctrination.

I have learned that lesson here (not TTA, here where I live). The usual teasing one can get away with when chatting with a lightly indoctrinated christian (who will freely admit that e.g. the virgin birth is a bit silly) is not possible with someone who comes from a faith where obedience trumps self.

It's staggering but true ... some here (SE Asia) need to check with their Imam to ask what they should think about certain topics. Yes, I'm serious!

I don't know whether you saw the exchange about 'freewill'. This is a tricky one for muslims given that everything and I mean everything is by the will of Allah. It's a hotly debated subject (debated by the scholars while the masses wait to be told what to think) as are many of the Hadith that are shown to be false in the light of modern scientific advances.

This one tried his best given these constraints; he had read the forum rules and even asked how best to conduct himself and was valiantly but poorly attempting to dodge the difficult questions.

But, when backed into a corner they have to toe the party line.

But I don't know what to suggest. It's long been established that we have a mix of reasons for being here (and may vacillate on a daily basis depending on how the mood takes us):
Community (inclusive)
Community (exclusive)
Discussion forum (with varying degrees of tolerance of the hotness of the topic).

Even the latter category has a sub-division: de-convert or humiliate.

Thank gods and goddesses that I'm not a moderator so I don't have to try to maintain the balance.

... and he woke up and it was all just a dream.

:screen fades to wobbly lines:

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
08-08-2015, 09:18 AM
It is interesting how seemingly competant human beings, frequently choose the freedom of a straight jacket. Sadcryface

[+] 5 users Like kim's post