Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(08-08-2015 09:18 AM)kim Wrote:  It is interesting how seemingly competant human beings, frequently choose the freedom of a straight jacket. Sadcryface

This has always puzzled me. Some people are really intelligent and educated and still believe total nonsense. Just strange.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2015, 10:34 AM
(08-08-2015 09:18 AM)kim Wrote:  It is interesting how seemingly competant human beings, frequently choose the freedom of a straight jacket. Sadcryface

I think it shows the power of brainwashing from the cradle. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 11:50 AM
(08-08-2015 09:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  

This has always puzzled me. Some people are really intelligent and educated and still believe total nonsense. Just strange.

You know what they say; intelligence makes you better at believing false things. We all have times and contexts in which we do not act rationally (entirely, or at all). If during one of those we adopt some bad ideas...

Though, if all else fails, "apostates should be murdered" is a real, real strong disincentive to think for one's self.

... this is my signature!
08-08-2015, 01:40 PM
(08-08-2015 08:30 AM)kim Wrote:  In the end, it's possible he wanted to be banned so he could say, "See, I'm a complete dick because, I can't even hang with people who hate & abuse me. ... So, cool ... now I really have a reason to drink ... and, it's all their fault!! So, yay!"

I think he realized that the effect this place was having on him was not good for him. He tried to leave on his own several times and even weathered a temp ban but he couldn't manage to stay away. He begged for help. It was a mercy ban.

#sigh
08-08-2015, 01:58 PM
I notice our last problem child got banned for being "a total douche".....

I don't think he was a total douche....

I think he was the part that dribbled down the leg....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-08-2015, 07:59 PM

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I honestly don't know how you guys have the fortitude to keep it up with guys like that. It's entertaining to read (sometimes), but goddamn, who has that much free time? Blink

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-08-2015, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 08:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2015 08:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I honestly don't know how you guys have the fortitude to keep it up with guys like that. It's entertaining to read (sometimes), but goddamn, who has that much free time? Blink

Me and Manly love baseball. She crochets while she watches the Nationals and I make fun of idiots while I watch and we both look up and pay attention when something interesting happens..

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Wait david is banned? Fuck it i am still doing the refutation to his website on evolution.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(22-08-2015 08:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Wait david is banned? Fuck it i am still doing the refutation to his website on evolution.

You can still post it - Q and Alla are likely to answer, and we always get newbie believers...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man