Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-08-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
I looked through his reps and it looked to me like the guy was a problem for a long time. Did he get especially worse lately, or something?

BTW, I really like the fact that you can give out negative reps here. I think this could be preventing a lot of negative behaviour.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like excitedpenguin's post
25-08-2016, 08:21 AM
(25-08-2016 08:11 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  I looked through his reps and it looked to me like the guy was a problem for a long time. Did he get especially worse lately, or something?

More the forum attitude towards banning changed. Under previous admins he would not have been banned for what he did to protect some idealised version of "Free Speech" but that was changed after a seriously deranged individual showed up and began stalking forum members.

(25-08-2016 08:11 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  BTW, I really like the fact that you can give out negative reps here. I think this could be preventing a lot of negative behaviour.

It is a good way to tell at a glance who the more anti-social people are and in some cases people do shape up when their rep hits red.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-08-2016, 08:47 AM

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Wow. Just wow. What a dick. Angry I've been working 14 and 15 hour shifts, just caught up on the prison thread. I'm typically all for controversial opinions, but that wasn't subtle nuance of treading a grey line, playing devil's advocate, or being merely an insensitive prick - that was a big fucking street with a "do not cross here" sign he just jaywalked the fuck out of in regards to socially appropriate behavior.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't creeping and reading this thread, so here it goes:
Go fuck yourself, blowhard. I'd like to think how we here at TTA - people that *you* find to be lacking in morals because of a lack of belief in a deity - find your merciless lack of empathy absolutely horrifying would be a cause for you to stop and have a moment of self reflection on how much of a shit bag you are and discover a need for a drastic overhaul in how you treat and view others, but that's too much wishful thinking. You'll always be a sad, pathetic shithead unwilling to change. The choice is yours, and it is a choice with every new day and every interaction. You can choose to make the world around you a better place or continue to be a waste of perfectly good air polluting the lives of everyone you touch with your toxic persona. While you figure that one out, at least we don't have to deal with you here, anymore. I feel sorry for the people who have to encounter you in person.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 14 users Like Nurse's post
25-08-2016, 08:51 AM
I want to publicly commend the Mods for volunteering to make the tough decisions. I don’t know if this speaks more about their selflessness or how power hungry they all are. Big Grin

I know DLJ fancies himself to be like this guy

[Image: thorhammer-ft-660x330.jpg]

but secretly he’s more like this guy

[Image: 2014-06-26-lord_of_the_rings_the_fellows...hemall.jpg]

Laugh out load

Sorry could not resist.

FWIW you guys made the right decision imho and the Forum is better because of it. Thumbsup

Carry on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
25-08-2016, 09:01 AM
(25-08-2016 08:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I want to publicly commend the Mods for volunteering to make the tough decisions. I don’t know if this speaks more about their selflessness or how power hungry they all are. Big Grin

I know DLJ fancies himself to be like this guy

[Image: thorhammer-ft-660x330.jpg]

[Image: 2014-06-26-lord_of_the_rings_the_fellows...hemall.jpg]

Laugh out load

Sorry could not resist.

FWIW you guys made the right decision imho and the Forum is better because of it. Thumbsup

Carry on.

I knew it. That's why he keeps muttering about the "One Ring" all the time!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-08-2016, 09:17 AM
(25-08-2016 08:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...

Yeah well, I'm not sure what to say.

Instead, here's a vid taken during my 'trip' earlier this year to Vancouver Island.

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
25-08-2016, 09:54 AM
I didn't know we had reps here. #oblivious.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-08-2016, 09:56 AM
(25-08-2016 09:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I didn't know we had reps here. #oblivious.

Now you are aware of the power you have...

Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2016, 10:02 AM
I find myself opening his threads just for the pleasure of seeing his username with the line through it.

Bad Julep!
[+] 12 users Like julep's post