Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(12-11-2014 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 07:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  Everything in your post is was incorrect. All of it.

Smile Seems like ol' Starker's has taken a liking to swingin' dat thang. Long may he continue.

Guys, I only banned a couple accounts. Please don't think I'm gonna be all willy-nilly with the ban hammer. I still intend to reserve banning for the worst of the worst. Im working on a balance between accepting all viewpoints while removing intentionally toxic members.

I'll screw it up plenty before I get it right, so best save your praise for now! Lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-11-2014, 09:49 AM
(12-11-2014 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Smile Seems like ol' Starker's has taken a liking to swingin' dat thang. Long may he continue.

Guys, I only banned a couple accounts. Please don't think I'm gonna be all willy-nilly with the ban hammer. I still intend to reserve banning for the worst of the worst. Im working on a balance between accepting all viewpoints while removing intentionally toxic members.

I'll screw it up plenty before I get it right, so best save your praise for now! Lol

I imagine a person can always be "un-banned" if you had a change of heart or second-guessed yourself. I'd rather see that than let some troll run amok.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-11-2014, 09:51 AM
(12-11-2014 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Smile Seems like ol' Starker's has taken a liking to swingin' dat thang. Long may he continue.

I only praise you on the Pot Thread. Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM

I think you're doing pretty good so far. The lower threshold for obvious spam/trolling behavior is something that has been requested for a long time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-11-2014, 12:27 PM
(12-11-2014 12:39 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So many people get banned from here so quickly. I first noticed it when Jeremy whatever got banned, HBL, WC, Wolfie and so many others.

Basically, everyone whom comes here to tell us what for gets banned lol.

Geesh that's not true! Listing WC in your idea of quick-ban is enough to cause a riot. Damn.
Delete delete delete erase erase erase backspace backspace backspace.
Dude!?

No..... Just no.
And people don't get banned quickly here. The Only time that happens is when a troll gets banned then tries to come right back in using a sock.

Eeesh
No honey..... Just... No.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-11-2014, 01:39 PM
(12-11-2014 12:27 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Geesh that's not true!

Delete delete delete erase erase erase backspace backspace backspace.
Dude!?

No..... Just no.

Eeesh
No honey..... Just... No.

I get the feeling you are disagreeing? Just intuition, a touch of the sight, call it what you will...

Tongue Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(12-11-2014 10:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Guys, I only banned a couple accounts. Please don't think I'm gonna be all willy-nilly with the ban hammer. I still intend to reserve banning for the worst of the worst. Im working on a balance between accepting all viewpoints while removing intentionally toxic members.

I think you're doing pretty good so far. The lower threshold for obvious spam/trolling behavior is something that has been requested for a long time.

What Rev said. I really like what I see so far Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
(12-11-2014 03:01 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What Rev said. I really like what I see so far Yes
That's what she said

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-11-2014, 04:23 AM
(12-11-2014 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Im working on a balance between accepting all viewpoints while removing intentionally toxic members.

Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Once you confirm someone is a troll, I see no reason to wait... Tongue and once you're sure, there's only one thing to do.

[Image: Nukey_nuke_it_from_orbit_its_the_only_wa..._sure0.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post