Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-03-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(05-03-2017 03:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I guess he had a moment of clarity. I wouldn't be so sure now.

He obviously thinks he's clever, a walking Dunning Kruger effect.

We also had someone even worse, ProgrammingGodJordan who I heavily suspect was a Poe but may have been just a complete idiot. He got banned in the end I think, did he grace you with his presence? He thought he was smart because he formatted all his posts in the same way like a computer program.

PGJ made a brief appearance here too, and he was banned quickly. He was deemed a tool and a sock as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
05-03-2017, 10:34 AM
(05-03-2017 08:40 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 03:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I guess he had a moment of clarity. I wouldn't be so sure now.

He obviously thinks he's clever, a walking Dunning Kruger effect.

We also had someone even worse, ProgrammingGodJordan who I heavily suspect was a Poe but may have been just a complete idiot. He got banned in the end I think, did he grace you with his presence? He thought he was smart because he formatted all his posts in the same way like a computer program.

PGJ made a brief appearance here too, and he was banned quickly. He was deemed a tool and a sock as well.

Yup, about 3 days. You lot at AF.org are more tolerant. Then again, Heywood Jahblome lasted for years here, and was banned years ago at AF.org
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-03-2017, 11:09 AM
(05-03-2017 02:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Borg publically admitted to being a Poe on AF several months ago. He's just a complete time waster.

Link?
05-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Might be worth mentioning while there is crossover in membership between us and AF, anyone banned from this forum is because of what they've done here and not because of their behavior on AF or any other forum.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2017, 12:35 PM
I really like Alla. I feel bad for her, as she has been subjected to some pretty horrendous stuff, and has decided to cling to some really awful ideals (and some revolting, to me, ideas) in order to try to make sense of her past experiences. But as far as personalities go, I think she's good-hearted and intelligent, and nothing like the trolls we're discussing in this thread.

We may never agree on much, she and I, but I think she has been slandered (or technically, libeled) by even being mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Borgo and PC.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-03-2017, 01:10 PM
(05-03-2017 12:35 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I really like Alla. I feel bad for her, as she has been subjected to some pretty horrendous stuff, and has decided to cling to some really awful ideals (and some revolting, to me, ideas) in order to try to make sense of her past experiences. But as far as personalities go, I think she's good-hearted and intelligent, and nothing like the trolls we're discussing in this thread.

We may never agree on much, she and I, but I think she has been slandered (or technically, libeled) by even being mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Borgo and PC.

Ha -
(02-03-2017 03:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
theBorg Wrote:The false atheists have no God. We have the God. So who is rich?
1) are you bragging?
2) OK, you are rich. what is your point?

If we keep that idiot Borg around, we're gonna need Alla to keep his idiot ass in line. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-03-2017, 01:23 PM
(05-03-2017 12:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Might be worth mentioning while there is crossover in membership between us and AF, anyone banned from this forum is because of what they've done here and not because of their behavior on AF or any other forum.

Right, I hope that nobody took that wrong. There may be some cross-pollination between different fora, but it appears to be only at the grass roots level. There appears to be no commonality with the management.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-03-2017, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 02:21 PM by Robvalue.)
(05-03-2017 11:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 02:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Borg publically admitted to being a Poe on AF several months ago. He's just a complete time waster.

Link?

I'll post it if I can dig it up Smile Was quite a while ago now.

Edit: ok that was easier than I thought! Admission of Poe and bordering on plagiarism too. Check out all his posts on this page.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-45585-po...pid1412616

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
05-03-2017, 02:21 PM
(05-03-2017 03:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  We also had someone even worse, ProgrammingGodJordan who I heavily suspect was a Poe but may have been just a complete idiot. He got banned in the end I think, did he grace you with his presence? He thought he was smart because he formatted all his posts in the same way like a computer program.

Oh yes, he was here like a half dozen times under different guises but always with the exact same post and an avatar of a blurry big burly black dude. I thought to myself "All programmer's should look like that."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-03-2017, 02:22 PM
If that guy was for real, he's like the most extreme autistic/OCD case I've ever heard of. But I've seen several indications that it is all an act.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post