Ban Log Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-03-2017, 02:25 PM
RE: Ban Log Commentary Thread
(05-03-2017 12:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Might be worth mentioning while there is crossover in membership between us and AF, anyone banned from this forum is because of what they've done here and not because of their behavior on AF or any other forum.

I didn't mean to imply that there was a connection. I was just noting that he hit both places around the same time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 02:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-03-2017 02:16 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 11:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Link?

I'll post it if I can dig it up Smile Was quite a while ago now.

Edit: ok that was easier than I thought! Admission of Poe and bordering on plagiarism too. Check out all his posts on this page.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-45585-po...pid1412616

Aw, now you've taken the all the fun out of it party pooper. Now nobody has any fun. Are you happy with yourself?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
One thing I liked about PGJ was that he thought that AI developers were Gods. That tickled my sense of megalomania.

But then you need a healthy sense of god-like indifference when emulating the ability to feel pleasure and pain and giving it to a population of artificial life that will compete amongst themselves for many generations to satisfy your needs before you wipe them out.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
05-03-2017, 02:55 PM
(05-03-2017 02:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  One thing I liked about PGJ was that he thought that AI developers were Gods. That tickled my sense of megalomania.

But then you need a healthy sense of god-like indifference when emulating the ability to feel pleasure and pain and giving it to a population of artificial life that will compete amongst themselves for many generations to satisfy your needs before you wipe them out.

Not Gods so much as midwives. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah I just remembered! PGJ threatened to hack AF as well.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2017, 11:40 PM
(05-03-2017 11:28 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  I was raised Atheist. Later I read the Old Testament and I loved it. I posted to Atheist forums saying how much I love the Old Testament and they all banned me. Then I realized that I no longer wanted to label myself as an Atheist. So now I define God as the forces of nature and I label myself as a theist. I follow the Old Testament because I love its ethics. I hate modern culture with a passion, and I am banned from every forum that is part of modern culture. The only forums where I am not banned are a conservative Mennonite forum and a Muslim forum. You can read more of my views here:

Start the countdown to fschmidt implosion after they inevitably endorse rape, stoning people to death for blasphemy, and genocide.

Also, I'm calling poe. The Amish hate modern culture with a passion, that's why they don't use computers and internet forums... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2017, 11:55 PM
(05-03-2017 11:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 11:28 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  I was raised Atheist. Later I read the Old Testament and I loved it. I posted to Atheist forums saying how much I love the Old Testament and they all banned me. Then I realized that I no longer wanted to label myself as an Atheist. So now I define God as the forces of nature and I label myself as a theist. I follow the Old Testament because I love its ethics. I hate modern culture with a passion, and I am banned from every forum that is part of modern culture. The only forums where I am not banned are a conservative Mennonite forum and a Muslim forum. You can read more of my views here:

Start the countdown to fschmidt implosion after they inevitably endorse rape, stoning people to death for blasphemy, and genocide.

Also, I'm calling poe. The Amish hate modern culture with a passion, that's why they don't use computers and internet forums... Drinking Beverage

But he has free speech (sarcasm)

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-03-2017, 12:27 AM
(06-03-2017 12:14 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 11:39 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I think it's great that you enjoy the old testament. A little bit frightened that you enjoy it ethical reasons, though. Blink

An existential nihilist shouldn't be frightened of any ethics.

Poe it is then. The bait is strong in this one. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-03-2017, 01:01 AM
Yup, extremely obvious Poe.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
06-03-2017, 05:45 AM
(06-03-2017 01:01 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Yup, extremely obvious Poe.

I prefer the word "liar", but I guess that's too rude. Plus I'm showing my age. Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post