Ban on gay marriage...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Ban on gay marriage...
(06-12-2013 05:48 AM)Filox Wrote:  ...

Man, I am so fucking tired of the gay shit... My country is near bankruptcy, yet someone deemed it necessary to spend so much money on campaigns and to change our Constitution, when we already had everything sorted out normally in state laws.

The shits I heard, the BS I had to endure, you people have no idea. I am not gay, but my gods, I am telling you, I wish I am gay, so that I can shove that fact down my parents throat. Everyone I know voted for ban. EVERYONE! The referendum was passed with around 65% for the ban and 35% against.

To explain things a bit, this was not about banning the marriage altogether, it was about the name. "Marriage" is now defined as: "a legal community between a man and a woman", while the law (and now the Constitution as well) knows 2 other types of marriage, but it is not called "marriage", one is "cohabitation", for those couples that live together for a long time, but never legalized their relationship and the other type is "same sex community". So, basically, you can get married in Croatia if you are a gay couple, it will only not be called "marriage", but "same sex community". The rights are all the same, except for adopting kids.

With all this knowledge, one might ask himself, why the fuck did anyone feel the need to do anything? 3 categories of "marriage" were recognized by law last 20 years and now, we have only confirmed one of those in the Constitution. Funny thing is that no one has banned anything to anyone. Nothing has changed for gay couples, nothing at all. They have all the same rights (except adoption kids) and can get "same sex community"-ised. Smile

This only means that we have spend a bunch of money we don't have, we made a huge debate in the public, dividing the population of this country on those that hate gays and those that don't give a fuck if one is gay or not.

You can all try and guess what was the official stance of the Church. Even funnier is that these last few weeks, the Pope stated some normal and nice things about gay community, about gay rights and about accepting them, as any true Christian should. Croatian clergy thinks they know better and that the Pope is stupid, so they just spitted out their hate and intolerance toward everything that is not "Croatian and Catholic". Gays are not "Croatian and Catholic". They are sick, perverted pedophiles. Can you believe that? I have heard so many times that being gay is being a pedophile. If they are allowed to adopt kids, they will teach those kids gayness and also sexually use those kids... BOOOOM, there goes my head.

There simply is no way to calmly explain logical things to these people. I couldn't even explain it to my mother that being gay does not make into a pedophile/child molester and my mother is not some random illiterate altar licker, she is normal, tolerant, highly educated and very smart woman. But I guess there are some areas where she is just one more pure "Croat and Catholic".

I think I'm going to puke a little bit somewhere.

See you later.

Good rant

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanx, but I wasn't ranting, I was giving you the news from the world. In my own way.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Canberra has tippy toed into the water by performing Australia's first gay weddings.A sort of litmus test, which has seen Christian lobbyists working hard to unravel the temporary legislation and "keep things normal".
The xtian lobbyist appear mainly concerned over parenting issues.
07-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Gay marriage should be allowed because of separation of church and state.