Ban the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Ban the bible
Target's response was hilarious.

"We don't actually sell the bible at Target, that's some pretty impressive numbers though!"

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2014, 02:56 PM
(07-12-2014 01:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Target's response was hilarious.

"We don't actually sell the bible at Target, that's some pretty impressive numbers though!"

Actually, that's not the truth. In the Target where I live, they not only sell the Bible, they have a whole section devoted *cough* to books for both children and adults that are Bible-related.
07-12-2014, 03:04 PM
(07-12-2014 01:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Target's response was hilarious.

Ban the bible petition: 47,857 signatures

Ban GTA V: 48,630

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-12-2014, 06:08 PM
I work at this countries largest retailer and we banned all R18 material about a week or two ago.
It was partially in response to stupid mothers complaining about GTA V (despite the fact it's been out on the xbox 360 and ps3 for like a year and was just coming out on the xbox1 and ps4) but also in response to all the complaints we got about the "party rule". That is that when we sell R18 (or R16 for that matter) stuff we have to check the ID's of everyone in the group buying it, not just the person the single person buying it. So of course people with come in to buy the game with their kids and we couldn't sell it to them because their kid, who was with them, is under 18. We got a lot of complaints about that (despite it being the fucking law...) and so banning all R18 stuff was basically so our checkout staff don't have to deal with all that crap.

So banning the bible wouldn't really be appropriate because it doesn't have a rating and so we can sell it to whoever we want. If we sold it, we don't sell the bible.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Got this within the last hour.

Please sign this petition to get GTA V put back on the shelves.

Sharky Sharktech
Australia
Dec 7, 2014 — We are getting very close to beating the original petition! Our point has been made and our voices have been heard regarding sensationalism, censorship and hypocrisy. However I feel I should remind people that this was always a satirical petition and I never expected it to take off as much as it did! Those that actually wish to force Target and Kmart to return GTA V to the shelves need to sign this petition as well! https://www.change.org/p/kmart-continue-...-australia

https://www.change.org/p/target-withdraw...date_email

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce