Bands that you used to love, but now hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Bands that you used to love, but now hate
Billy Joel - I got really into his music about 5 years ago, but now whenever I listen to it, it just reminds me of the awful summer that I spent living with a couple of bad roommates.

U2 - I used to listen to them all the time in college, but I noticed that I was the only one of my friends who liked their music. For some reason I thought it was "cool" to like U2, probably because my older brother was really into them in high school. I lost interest in most of their music after realizing I was an atheist.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Bands that you used to love, but now hate
Kiss, do I really need to explain why?
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
03-10-2015, 06:39 PM
(03-10-2015 06:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  Kiss, do I really need to explain why?

It's because they're Jews isn't it? Shocking

I don't think I have any, all the bands at any point I can say I really loved are not ones I hate. There are some I liked to an extent.

Maybe all that qualifies are some bands I liked mainly int the 7th grade like Limp Biskit.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-10-2015, 06:40 PM

Oh my god I had a US history teacher who LOVED Kiss. He also didn't like the Eagles. WTF who doesn't like Hotel California, but likes kiss. They have 0 good/well known songs. He was one of those grumpy middle aged men who had a bad divorce and periodically woman-hated. He was an asshole, really. But anyway, on topic, I used to like country music when I was a kid, but now I avoid it like the plague.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
03-10-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't think I've ever even heard a Kiss song. lol

OMG, I'm listening now. What is this glam-pop bullshit? I thought they were a metal band? Blink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
My best friend at work LOVES Kiss, but yeah he's a metalhead and they were a huge band he loved as a child before it got him into REAL metal. That's a band he has what I jokingly call "blind allegiance" to and he occasionally sings some songs they have that are pretty bad, so I know more Kiss than I desire. Yeah they're of the glam-rock era still, despite the appearance Alice Cooper And Kiss are far more David Bowe than metal.

His allegiance element is he will buy every album they put out even if he knows it's been dreck they produced for years. Now there is bands I gave that up for, like Weezer I love but had to stop listening to anything new they put out because it was too infuriating.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
I really liked U2 when they first really hit it big but don't care much for them any more.

KISS was always more show than substance as far as I was concerned. But it's no secret that they made music to make money. It was business. I really never got the feeling there was any real musicianship with them...just banging out what would sell.

There are some bands I used to listen to a lot but don't any more...my tastes have changed but I wouldn't say I hate those bands...I just don't seek out their stuff any more. There are some bands whose early work I liked and still do but their later stuff wasn't as appealing to me.

Popular music falls in and out of favor and people's taste change.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Alan Parsons Project. While I don't hate them per se, I sure as hell don't remember why I thought they were cool when I was twelve. They have a few songs I still kind of like.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-10-2015, 04:52 PM
This is actually a recent epiphany, but I fucking hate System Of A Down. I used to love them when they were new.

I dunno why, but I recently loaded their stuff back onto my music player and I found myself rolling my eyes and skipping the song every time one played.

Less surprising, Micheal W Smith and all his ilk. Loved me some Christian rock. But Hank Hill said it best. "You're not making Christianity better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse."

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
05-10-2015, 04:57 PM

First concert I ever seen -1974 (?)- Reid Fieldhouse in Kalamazoo Michigan -- the "Hotter than Hell" tour..... The warm-up band??? Styx.......

I rather enjoyed it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post