Bands that you used to love, but now hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Bands that you used to love, but now hate
(05-10-2015 03:43 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Alan Parsons Project. While I don't hate them per se, I sure as hell don't remember why I thought they were cool when I was twelve. They have a few songs I still kind of like.

You do realize that "the band" was transitory??? No member of the original was in all albums put out --- just the producer -- Parsons......
'
Still - some pretty excellent music....

I Robot, still a great album....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I loved Kiss as a kid. Hate their stuff post-Alive!.

Loved Elton John when I was younger, but his voice is grating to my ears, any more.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Fucking hell Thump ... I was gonna say Kiss too. Except I actually like all the way up to Crazy Nights.

My most recent one is a massive fall from grace.
Whilst I still concede Van Halen is a guitar legend, in recent years his music has been rubbish and the guy is unbearable in interviews!

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
05-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Any Christian band. I used to listen to that crap all the time when I was a fundie-mental.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
05-10-2015, 09:06 PM
I actually still listen to Collective Soul, lol.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
05-10-2015, 11:44 PM
(05-10-2015 08:51 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Fucking hell Thump ... I was gonna say Kiss too. Except I actually like all the way up to Crazy Nights.

Every so often, I still youtube their Winterland show in San Fran from January of 1975 -- a hungry band, playing their asses off. But even as a kid, when Dynasty hit, we were all deflated, and its follow-up sucked ass too. By that time I'd discovered Jimi, Black Sabbath, Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Zep ... and didn't look back.

(05-10-2015 08:51 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My most recent one is a massive fall from grace.
Whilst I still concede Van Halen is a guitar legend, in recent years his music has been rubbish and the guy is unbearable in interviews!

Their first four albums slay. The rest, not so much.
06-10-2015, 12:38 AM
I don't think I hate any music. There is music I left behind as I strove to hear new music.

I was never really a fan of a "style" of music. I remember being a little kid and enjoying my parents recordings. For example there was a tijujana brass album that I loved. I also loved the Harry James and Dorsey brothers records that were my mums. And my dad had a recording of great war movie themes and I used to play that all the time. Mum also had Glenn Miller recordings but they were to pop for me. Even when I was 7.

Luckily by brother was 8 years older than me and I recall hearing Alice Cooper and Deep Purple. But the drumming was a bit boring after hearing Buddy Rich with Harry James! So as a little kid I would mimic jazz grooves with pencils.

As time went on and I got deeper and deeper into music things got left behind. New things kept turning up. Happily they still do, Finding a new style and falling in love with it is what I live for.

About 2 years ago I gave my entire CD collection away to students. Even though I loved many of these recordings, I had to let them go, to move on.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
06-10-2015, 04:04 PM
(05-10-2015 05:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I loved Kiss as a kid. Hate their stuff post-Alive!.

Loved Elton John when I was younger, but his voice is grating to my ears, any more.

+1 for early Elton John. "Honky Chateau" was brilliant. After that, meh. Many artists lost that spark for me in subsequent albums. Maybe too many drugs after success? Big Grin
EDIT: Same for Van Halen. The later stuff was not cool.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-10-2015, 11:59 PM
I used to think Metallica were OK.

Kill 'em all was good, Ride the Lightening was good and Master of Puppets was great.
The black album was the last decent album they produced, that was in '91 about 24 years ago. They have put out a lot of garbage ever since, take forever to write an album, smash it with the mastering.

Now I think they are more image (posturing) than quality.
I don't even listen to their older albums now.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
07-10-2015, 12:40 AM
KISS makes me want to put a meat thermometer in my ear then slam the side of my head on a table.

As you were. Drinking Beverage

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post