Bands that you used to love, but now hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Bands that you used to love, but now hate
(08-10-2015 01:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Although learning that Beck is a Scientologist has taken some of the luster away that I once had for his music...

Shit. Shitshitshit.

I like good music no matter the musician's private life, but this means I'll never throw money his way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-10-2015, 09:55 AM
AC/DC: used to LOVE those guys; now I consider their songs the junk food of rock ...

ZZ-Top: can't even listen to the intros ...just ... yuck

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
08-10-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 10:55 AM by Adrianime.)
Hmm can't think of anything...I've never been a "band" person, more like a song person. Very rarely have I followed a particular group.

I think almost every song I know of follows one of these scenarios (probably same as most people):
Scenario 1. Ohh, this is awesome, love it. *Fast forward 100 listens* Oh god, not this song again. *Fast forward a year* Oh shoot I used to love this song, turn it up!!
Scenario 2. Meh, this song is alright I guess. *Fast forward 10 listens* Wow, actually if you listen to the lyrics and really take in the instruments this song is amazing. *Fast forward a year* Yesss, I love it when this song comes on.
Scenario 3. This song sucks. *Fast forward X* Yup, this song still sucks.
Scenario 4. Meh. *Fast forward X* Meh.

Scenarios 1 and 2 are the songs that make my playlist Tongue (yes my playlist never gets new songs on it).

I know, I talk too much Smile.

Edit: Can't think of a single song that I used to like, but now dislike.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-10-2015, 10:58 AM
(08-10-2015 10:38 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm can't think of anything...I've never been a "band" person, more like a song person. Very rarely have I followed a particular group.

I think almost every song I know of follows one of these scenarios (probably same as most people):
Scenario 1. Ohh, this is awesome, love it. *Fast forward 100 listens* Oh god, not this song again. *Fast forward a year* Oh shoot I used to love this song, turn it up!!
Scenario 2. Meh, this song is alright I guess. *Fast forward 10 listens* Wow, actually if you listen to the lyrics and really take in the instruments this song is amazing. *Fast forward a year* Yesss, I love it when this song comes on.
Scenario 3. This song sucks. *Fast forward X* Yup, this song still sucks.
Scenario 4. Meh. *Fast forward X* Meh.

Scenarios 1 and 2 are the songs that make my playlist Tongue.

I know, I talk too much Smile.

Actually your Scenario #1 is why I don't listen to music on the radio any more. When a song comes along that gets a lot of airplay - like once an hour minimum - it gets old fast. Radio has killed the appeal of so many songs for me just by repetition. I would rather be pleasantly surprised to hear a song I like than know it will play again after 5 commercial breaks.

Free Bird is a classic example of this for me. If I hadn't heard it roughly a zillion times when it was a hit, I could probably stand to hear it now and then.

That's what I like about Pandora...I have a certain amount of say in what plays and I can even put a song on the shelf for a while if I want.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
08-10-2015, 12:21 PM
(08-10-2015 10:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 10:38 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Scenario 1. Ohh, this is awesome, love it. *Fast forward 100 listens* Oh god, not this song again. *Fast forward a year* Oh shoot I used to love this song, turn it up!!

Actually your Scenario #1 is why I don't listen to music on the radio any more. When a song comes along that gets a lot of airplay - like once an hour minimum - it gets old fast. Radio has killed the appeal of so many songs for me just by repetition. I would rather be pleasantly surprised to hear a song I like than know it will play again after 5 commercial breaks.

Free Bird is a classic example of this for me. If I hadn't heard it roughly a zillion times when it was a hit, I could probably stand to hear it now and then.

That's what I like about Pandora...I have a certain amount of say in what plays and I can even put a song on the shelf for a while if I want.
Ahh yes, I totally know what you mean. I listen to the radio for exactly 1 hour every day, while I shower and get ready. During this time, I will hear approximately 5 songs (they play at times in the morning show). In a given week, I probably hear less than 10 different songs. In a given month, probably less than 15. It's just the same songs over and over and over and over.

They can take something you love and make you want to turn the channel.

Unfortunately my pandora stations seem to spin through the same 30-50 songs, all of which I know. But I don't mind. I can always switch stations when i get tired of em.

08-10-2015, 12:26 PM
(08-10-2015 12:21 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 10:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually your Scenario #1 is why I don't listen to music on the radio any more. When a song comes along that gets a lot of airplay - like once an hour minimum - it gets old fast. Radio has killed the appeal of so many songs for me just by repetition. I would rather be pleasantly surprised to hear a song I like than know it will play again after 5 commercial breaks.

Ahh yes, I totally know what you mean. I listen to the radio for exactly 1 hour every day, while I shower and get ready. During this time, I will hear approximately 5 songs (they play at times in the morning show). In a given week, I probably hear less than 10 different songs. In a given month, probably less than 15. It's just the same songs over and over and over and over.

They can take something you love and make you want to turn the channel.

Unfortunately my pandora stations seem to spin through the same 30-50 songs, all of which I know. But I don't mind. I can always switch stations when i get tired of em.

I have about a dozen channels on Pandora from Motown to guitar to alternative to EDM - and everything in between. Tongue

My favorite way to listen is on random so that it pulls from all those channels.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2015, 12:34 PM
(08-10-2015 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have about a dozen channels on Pandora from Motown to guitar to alternative to EDM - and everything in between. Tongue

My favorite way to listen is on random so that it pulls from all those channels.
Wow, i had no idea there was a random option (never looked). Now I can listen to Smooth Jazz, Tupac, Anime Techno, Jpop, Alternative Rock, and R kelly (usually reserved for the love-making) while playing starcraft. Thaaaaaanks! Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
08-10-2015, 12:35 PM
(08-10-2015 12:34 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have about a dozen channels on Pandora from Motown to guitar to alternative to EDM - and everything in between. Tongue

Wow, i had no idea there was a random option (never looked). Now I can listen to Smooth Jazz, Tupac, Anime Techno, Jpop, Alternative Rock, and R kelly (usually reserved for the love-making) while playing starcraft. Thaaaaaanks! Thumbsup

Big Grin

Makes for quite an interesting variety for me and it sounds like it will for you too! Enjoy. Thumbsup

08-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Psalty

I listened to those tapes so much as a kid they probably wore out, but if I had to listen to them now... Angry

[Image: e74635gk1fg.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
08-10-2015, 12:54 PM
(08-10-2015 10:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually your Scenario #1 is why I don't listen to music on the radio any more. When a song comes along that gets a lot of airplay - like once an hour minimum - it gets old fast.
Radio tends to play instant hits. Instant hits are generally short and simple. Short and simple songs are generally instantly memorable and repetitive. Because of this you tend to get over them quickly because you know them too well. Plus they are less interesting.

I very rarely listen to the radio.