Bandwagon Atheists Everywhere!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Shocked Bandwagon Atheists Everywhere!
I've been seeing and talking to a few bandwagon atheists lately.

They are all girls for some strange reason, and popular ones too.

I asked them why they don't believe, and it wasn't because they have weighed the evidence and made a conclusion from there. They claimed that it was just "bullshit." Even though it is true it angers me that they are scientifically illiterate. They don't know how old the earth is, they don't know how old the universe is, and they don't know how evolution works.

I wish they were religious like the rest of them.

One of them said "when I grow up I am becoming an Atheist."

This made me incredibly mad even though I didn't show it, I just nodded in reassurance.

You don't "become" an atheist when you "grow up." You either don't believe in a god, or you do. You don't have to go through any test, and you don't have to get splashed with some water.

She was a mormon, so I can't blame her. I can blame her parents though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Bandwagon Atheists Everywhere!
It's pretty common that indoctrinated youth feel as though believing isn't a choice they get to make. They are brainwashed so badly, these girls, they can't think because they're "not allowed." shame innit?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
10-12-2012, 10:20 PM
(10-12-2012 10:03 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I've been seeing and talking to a few bandwagon atheists lately.

I asked them why they don't believe, and it wasn't because they have weighed the evidence and made a conclusion from there. They claimed that it was just "bullshit." Even though it is true it angers me that they are scientifically illiterate. They don't know how old the earth is, they don't know how old the universe is, and they don't know how evolution works.

This made me incredibly mad even though I didn't show it, I just nodded in reassurance.

You don't "become" an atheist when you "grow up." You either don't believe in a god, or you do. You don't have to go through any test, and you don't have to get splashed with some water.

Are those girls hot? No, seriously. First of all, let me ask you something. Are you mad because they are atheists for a bad reason or are you mad that their scientific defieciency is making you embarrassed to be perceived as in the same group as them.

I would date them. Being a polyamorous asshole that I am, I would end up wanting to date all of them. If it were me, I would befriend them and teach them. Y leading with example. Bandwagon atheists are frustrating, but they can learn that being an atheist is justifiable and logical. All you have to do is date teach them.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Welcome to life.
No refunds.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I get where you're coming from. It's like with people who stop believing in God because a loved-one died, or they witnessed some catastrophy. Might it be genuine disbelief? Sure. But for some reason, I'd rather they came to their conclusion based on reason, rather than because it's defiant or because they're angry.

All they really need is a good lesson in objective reasoning and how to apply it rationally. Then maybe their non-belief can be validated* in some way.

(*I don't know what I mean by that either)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
They traded one personally unfounded belief for another.

This is typical "rebellion".

You can pretty much tell these people, regardless of beliefs, by getting to 3 levels of "why". Most can't get past the first or second.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
11-12-2012, 01:35 PM
(10-12-2012 10:20 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 10:03 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I've been seeing and talking to a few bandwagon atheists lately.

Are those girls hot? No, seriously. First of all, let me ask you something. Are you mad because they are atheists for a bad reason or are you mad that their scientific defieciency is making you embarrassed to be perceived as in the same group as them.

I would date them. Being a polyamorous asshole that I am, I would end up wanting to date all of them. If it were me, I would befriend them and teach them. Y leading with example. Bandwagon atheists are frustrating, but they can learn that being an atheist is justifiable and logical. All you have to do is date teach them.
They are, but I wouldn't date them. I like pretty girls, not hot girls.

You cannot teach someone to not be ignorant either, they can only teach themselves.

They ARE ignorant, they are the YOLO type of people, the people that thing they have some "swag" entity following them everywhere.
11-12-2012, 03:35 PM
(11-12-2012 01:35 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 10:20 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Are those girls hot? No, seriously. First of all, let me ask you something. Are you mad because they are atheists for a bad reason or are you mad that their scientific defieciency is making you embarrassed to be perceived as in the same group as them.

They are, but I wouldn't date them. I like pretty girls, not hot girls.

You cannot teach someone to not be ignorant either, they can only teach themselves.

They ARE ignorant, they are the YOLO type of people, the people that thing they have some "swag" entity following them everywhere.
First of all, you can tell them facts whether or not they take it to heart is indeed their decision. You can nudge them in the right direction. Ask them how they came the the conclusion tag God doesn't exist. If they can't answer you, just shake your head and be done with them.

You still haven't answered my question.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-12-2012, 03:37 PM
(11-12-2012 12:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Welcome to life.
No refunds.
A-fucking-men brother.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
(11-12-2012 12:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Welcome to life.
No refunds.

Muffin's life advice. Always interesting to read.
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post