Banned for Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2011, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 12:36 AM by Mr Woof.)
Banned for Life.
Earlier this year I was banned for life from Australia's leading atheist forum.
Actually I think it might have been my first post ever, being well versed in atheism, but not computer technology.

What caused the storm, subsequent ridicule, abuse, derision etc?

Prior to the initial offending post I had attended a charity concert for 'Doctors without Frontiers' at the Unitarian Church Melbourne. To all intents and purposes, here in Melbourne, this church is about 95% atheist. The Atheist Choir was in attendance denigrating old Christian hymns, despite the fact that many people attending the concert would have thought they were at a conventional Church.
Among those performing for the charity were Christian people most probably thinking the Unitarians were conventional Christians, which they aren't.

How atheists choose to rubbish Christians is their concern! I have no problems there..... but as for rubbishing those (Christians) contributing to a world wide charitable cause I saw the atheist hymns offensive, given the mixed company.

Hence my post to A.F.A.;I am a free thinker, not a tribalist, and the subsequent rubbishing I received was quite intense.. As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
19-12-2011, 12:38 AM
RE: Banned for Life.
That's unfortunate that you felt something amiss and decided to point it out, on a moral level, and then were chastised for it. Sounds like you had a valid concern, too. I agree it is refreshing to come somewhere and to not be shut down. To recognize we don't all have to agree in order to be who and how we are.
19-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Wink
(19-12-2011 12:38 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's unfortunate that you felt something amiss and decided to point it out, on a moral level, and then were chastised for it. Sounds like you had a valid concern, too. I agree it is refreshing to come somewhere and to not be shut down. To recognize we don't all have to agree in order to be who and how we are.

Thanks! I really think they overcooked it. I really like this forum; we can all agree to disagree without getting too spiteful.Wink
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
19-12-2011, 03:52 AM
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

Saspian?
Hocism?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 05:00 AM
(19-12-2011 03:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

Saspian?
Hocism?

I assumed Hocism comes from our Great HoC. You should sic him on that forum. He'll "SET" them straight. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Sooo, they have baned YOU, of all people? Are they crazy, do they know that you are a regular poster on TTA forum, that gives you more credibility than all of them have together. Smile

Just point them to this forum, so we can kick their asses and punch their faces, how dare they ban one of our members. Shameful.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
19-12-2011, 06:58 AM

Perspectives don't necessarily translate to people being nice, probably one of the reasons why Richard Dawkins got sick of hosting a forum on his website. People get so caught up in their little forum world, they they fail to realize they live in the real world, which doesn't just include people that think exactly like them.

I would like to rubbish this forum, if I only I could find their post box, where I could find great pleasure in sending them mail advising them that their crackpot party (which the forum admin supports) has no power in government whatsoever and never will. But I can't have everything, people are still people, thus can be insensitive and stupid. Sleepy

Edit: I would call for pitchforks, as well, we have egalitarian traditions here in New Zealand to maintain, no room for these 'libertarians'. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, we avoid far right radicals here like the plague, even the PM can't stand them. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like CrazyKitteh's post
19-12-2011, 06:59 AM
What is the website.....im thinking if maybe Hamata is up for some innocent, gentle and amusing trolling it might be worth a giggle.

Only with the aim of exposing to themselves how ridiculous they are in there labeling Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
19-12-2011, 09:59 AM
(19-12-2011 03:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Saspian?
Hocism?

S.A.S.P.IA.N..............Secular and spiritual ponderer.

HoCism............A house of Cantor quote.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
19-12-2011, 10:05 AM
(19-12-2011 05:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  Sooo, they have baned YOU, of all people? Are they crazy, do they know that you are a regular poster on TTA forum, that gives you more credibility than all of them have together. Smile

Just point them to this forum, so we can kick their asses and punch their faces, how dare they ban one of our members. Shameful.

Smile

I kind of like the sound of this. We really should start treating TTA as a gang. You hurt one of our members, the rest of the gang unleashes hell upon the perpetrators. How about a massive influx of TTA members joining that forum and taking the place over? Who says only religious people can start wars???

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post