Banned for Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2011, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 10:20 AM by Mr Woof.)
RE: Banned for Life.
(19-12-2011 05:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  Sooo, they have baned YOU, of all people? Are they crazy, do they know that you are a regular poster on TTA forum, that gives you more credibility than all of them have together. Smile

Just point them to this forum, so we can kick their asses and punch their faces, how dare they ban one of our members. Shameful.

Smile

Yeah, it was the context of the thing. Had theists rubbished atheists at the concert, I would have felt her same way.
I am certainly no lover of religions or the gods they create.Cool
(19-12-2011 06:58 AM)CrazyKitteh Wrote:  Perspectives don't necessarily translate to people being nice, probably one of the reasons why Richard Dawkins got sick of hosting a forum on his website. People get so caught up in their little forum world, they they fail to realize they live in the real world, which doesn't just include people that think exactly like them.

I would like to rubbish this forum, if I only I could find their post box, where I could find great pleasure in sending them mail advising them that their crackpot party (which the forum admin supports) has no power in government whatsoever and never will. But I can't have everything, people are still people, thus can be insensitive and stupid. Sleepy

Edit: I would call for pitchforks, as well, we have egalitarian traditions here in New Zealand to maintain, no room for these 'libertarians'. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, we avoid far right radicals here like the plague, even the PM can't stand them. Tongue

Liked the Kant quote;hadn't heard it before. My wife is a member of aninimal lib group.
Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 05:58 PM

I find quotes like that through random web searching. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 07:09 PM
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hence my post to A.F.A.;I am a free thinker, not a tribalist, and the subsequent rubbishing I received was quite intense.. As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

So they excommunicated, oops sorry - I mean banned, you for not toeing the party line of their particular interpretation of doctrine. That noxious odor smells vaguely reminiscent to me.

(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

And let's not forget being able to swear like a goddam fuckin' sailor. I find that most refreshing. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-12-2011, 10:57 PM
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Earlier this year I was banned for life from Australia's leading atheist forum.
Actually I think it might have been my first post ever, being well versed in atheism, but not computer technology.

What caused the storm, subsequent ridicule, abuse, derision etc?

Prior to the initial offending post I had attended a charity concert for 'Doctors without Frontiers' at the Unitarian Church Melbourne. To all intents and purposes, here in Melbourne, this church is about 95% atheist. The Atheist Choir was in attendance denigrating old Christian hymns, despite the fact that many people attending the concert would have thought they were at a conventional Church.
Among those performing for the charity were Christian people most probably thinking the Unitarians were conventional Christians, which they aren't.

How atheists choose to rubbish Christians is their concern! I have no problems there..... but as for rubbishing those (Christians) contributing to a world wide charitable cause I saw the atheist hymns offensive, given the mixed company.

Hence my post to A.F.A.;I am a free thinker, not a tribalist, and the subsequent rubbishing I received was quite intense.. As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

What does A.F.A stand for, please?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-12-2011, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 11:46 PM by Mr Woof.)
(19-12-2011 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hence my post to A.F.A.;I am a free thinker, not a tribalist, and the subsequent rubbishing I received was quite intense.. As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

So they excommunicated, oops sorry - I mean banned, you for not toeing the party line of their particular interpretation of doctrine. That noxious odor smells vaguely reminiscent to me.

(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

And let's not forget being able to swear like a goddam fuckin' sailor. I find that most refreshing. Wink

I can see Girly, like me ,you are a free spirit, lets try and stay that way.Wink
(19-12-2011 10:57 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Earlier this year I was banned for life from Australia's leading atheist forum.
Actually I think it might have been my first post ever, being well versed in atheism, but not computer technology.

What caused the storm, subsequent ridicule, abuse, derision etc?

Prior to the initial offending post I had attended a charity concert for 'Doctors without Frontiers' at the Unitarian Church Melbourne. To all intents and purposes, here in Melbourne, this church is about 95% atheist. The Atheist Choir was in attendance denigrating old Christian hymns, despite the fact that many people attending the concert would have thought they were at a conventional Church.
Among those performing for the charity were Christian people most probably thinking the Unitarians were conventional Christians, which they aren't.

How atheists choose to rubbish Christians is their concern! I have no problems there..... but as for rubbishing those (Christians) contributing to a world wide charitable cause I saw the atheist hymns offensive, given the mixed company.

Hence my post to A.F.A.;I am a free thinker, not a tribalist, and the subsequent rubbishing I received was quite intense.. As a Saspian, later down the track, I added, perhaps, some Hocisms that really drove them crazy, locked as they are in their self limiting little boxes.

I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

What does A.F.A stand for, please?
Oooh ahh! Should you really rush in where angels fear to tread??
Atheist Foundation of Australia circa 1970. I think.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
19-12-2011, 11:58 PM
@ Mr Woof

Hell yeh, bring it on (I'm also a Melbournite) This is offensive to me also...
You had every right!

20-12-2011, 12:00 AM
(19-12-2011 11:58 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  @ Mr Woof

You had every right!

Make sure you capture some screenshots to share of your smackdown!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-12-2011, 02:10 PM

You had every right!

There is a bit of rivalry between Melbourne and Adelaide atheist groups.

I spoke to the Atheist Society here a few times but like to keep out of of all the back room bickering and administrative stuff.~~~Tongue
20-12-2011, 04:00 PM
(20-12-2011 02:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

You had every right!

I spoke to the Atheist Society here a few times but like to keep out of of all the back room bickering and administrative stuff.~~~Tongue

Rivalry? With like-minded people? WT...Please enlighten me...

20-12-2011, 11:18 PM
(20-12-2011 04:00 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 02:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

You had every right!

Rivalry? With like-minded people? WT...Please enlighten me...

WEll you know how it is some people think they are so abolutely enligtened that no one else can be even minimally enligtened.
I'm not a hard liner; I like to keep things reasonably flexible.Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Atheism in daily life lamexcuses 18 474 26-03-2014 11:56 PM
Last Post: true scotsman
  The beauty of life without religion Sceptical Prophet 6 663 24-02-2013 02:44 AM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
Star Life, love and the beauty of reality... pxlgirl 1 192 20-02-2013 01:21 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  So what does life on "the other side" look and feel like? advancedatheist 13 2,034 15-01-2012 11:47 AM
Last Post: Superluminal
  12 reasons why giving up Judaism has improved my life FormorJew 4 1,115 27-10-2011 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hamata k