Banned for Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2011, 12:34 AM
RE: Banned for Life.
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

I love it here, too. Have you ever been to Richard Dawkins' site? It has moderators, and they frequently get rid of Christian postings... even ones that follow the "terms and conditions". Any posting filled with vitriol at theists, though, is always allowed. You can't get into a real discussion there. The same with theist sites that I frequent, such as Catholic.com... you can present a perfectly reasonable and quiet argument, but if someone doesn't like it they can flag it which is the same as a death sentence.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
21-12-2011, 01:18 AM
(21-12-2011 12:34 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 12:21 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I must say I have found it very refreshing to discover an open forum such as T.A.F. where religious people, agnostics, atheists, secularists, humanists, eccentrics. free thinkers et al can express their views, excluding obvious hatred, in a free and open environment.Tongue

I love it here, too. Have you ever been to Richard Dawkins' site? It has moderators, and they frequently get rid of Christian postings... even ones that follow the "terms and conditions". Any posting filled with vitriol at theists, though, is always allowed. You can't get into a real discussion there. The same with theist sites that I frequent, such as Catholic.com... you can present a perfectly reasonable and quiet argument, but if someone doesn't like it they can flag it which is the same as a death sentence.

I think it's *really important* to let opposing points of view be heard if they're rude or vitriolic - such things are a better advertisement for the foolishness of the perpetrator than any amount of rational argument. Besides, over here we tend to give as good as we get Angel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-12-2011, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 03:51 PM by Mr Woof.)

I agree; if everyone just agrees with every one else it isn't much fun.
Some people believe they are 100% right with their whole attention being for you to agree with them. I will have a look at the Dawkins forum.........not a big fan Wink
(21-12-2011 01:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I think it's *really important* to let opposing points of view be heard if they're rude or vitriolic - such things are a better advertisement for the foolishness of the perpetrator than any amount of rational argument. Besides, over here we tend to give as good as we get Angel

Yes some correpondents can be so full of hatred that I think its best just to ignore them. I have found down here that many atheists involved in groups are quite militant and look to ridicule rather thann calm discussion... Cool
21-12-2011, 07:11 PM
The most ugly character traits are arrogance and closed-mindedness! Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
22-12-2011, 01:02 AM
(21-12-2011 07:11 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  The most ugly character traits are arrogance and closed-mindedness! Angry

That's funny. My mum always said picking my nose was the worst.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-12-2011, 04:17 PM
(22-12-2011 01:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 07:11 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  The most ugly character traits are arrogance and closed-mindedness! Angry

The most ugly character traits are arrogance, closed-mindedness and picking your nose!

[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
23-12-2011, 11:33 AM
(22-12-2011 04:17 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 01:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

The most ugly character traits are arrogance, closed-mindedness and picking your nose!
Heheh...reminds me of the first couple of minutes of this sketch:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-12-2011, 10:43 PM
That's a cracking good skit, dear boy!

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
23-12-2011, 11:45 PM
(23-12-2011 10:43 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  That's a cracking good skit, dear boy!

Your praise has warmed the cockles of my heart. Shy

24-12-2011, 04:02 PM
(23-12-2011 11:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 10:43 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  That's a cracking good skit, dear boy!

Your praise has warmed the cockles of my heart. Shy

Your Mum was right, no wonder you lost your congregation!
Great vid, thanks......any may theLord bless you and keep you.Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post