Banned from Christian Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: Banned from Christian Forums
(26-03-2013 12:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  feel stuppif... <- intentional spelling mistake...
If you're not careful enough, it'll sneak up on you and pretty soon won't be intentional anymore... On the plus side, then you'll certainly feel good about yourself. Easier when you're dumb. I should know... 'cause I feel great about myself. Angel

Anyway... Egor, I mostly stay out of your threads and I am honestly not trying to be offensive, flippant, or condescending, but am being completely serious - from what I've seen recently, you seem to be on a downward spiral and kinda unravelling. Please, for the sake of those around you, do something about it. Something that doesn't involve engaging a whole bunch of folk (most of us, with nothing better to do) in pointless battles of wits (or lack thereof). That only makes matters worse. For you. Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
26-03-2013, 01:36 PM
(26-03-2013 10:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...
I would imagine if I gave up my belief in God that I would want nothing at all to do with religious discussion.

Go on, mate, stretch that imagination a little.

"I'm sorted, I'm alright Jack"? How concentric would you have to be to actually behave like that?

I bet you can think of lots of reasons if you tried. Here's one...

(26-03-2013 10:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... an opportunity to hone their debate skills. Just like y'all do. Just like I do. Drinking Beverage

Also look at the Politics and Science and World News threads.
Why do you think that there are debates going on in those?

Look at the Personal Issues and the Recovering from Religion threads?
Why do you think that we, who have never found Faith or who have found Faithlessness, offer wisdom in those?

Have a think. See what you can come up with.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-03-2013, 01:38 PM
The Jews rejected Christianity so the apostles targeted the pagans. Take some pride in the parallel to alleviate the butt hurt.
26-03-2013, 02:31 PM
(26-03-2013 10:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  They should. They should see it as an opportunity to hone their debate skills. Just like y'all do. Just like I do. Drinking Beverage

Honing your debate skills, Ed? Blink They're about as sharp as a tire iron. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2013, 02:39 PM
(26-03-2013 09:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  The Christians on that site are very ugly in their demeanor and attitude. It's like underneath is a very mean and hateful spirit. The hypocrisy is what makes it so ugly.
You're a false prophet from Satan, and you're going to burn in hell with him forever. I will pray for you. God bless.

Also, Christians tend to be fairly ignorant people. Not that atheists are not also ignorant, but the percentage of true idiocy is greater among the Ancient Christians. But if you take the Holy Bible as the end all of God's word, then I guess there isn't a lot of critical thinking you have to do.

Are you really surprised that Christians would use the Damnation argument against you? I mean, isn't this the trump card of all Christian argument: "Love Jesus or burn in Fire Forever?" And...this is not really an argument at all, it is a threat. If Christianity had real arguments, it wouldn't have to use such a threat, and Christians would be more willing to listen to you.

Likewise, can you not then see why Christians are so loathe to accept anything other than the Bible as the word of God: the book which tells them How to love Jesus so that they will not burn in Fire Forever?
So, it does not surprise me that other Christians view your Philosphy as something that can get them Damned to eternal Hellfire, especially considering all the warnings in the New Testaments concerning False Prophets.

Please think about it.
26-03-2013, 02:40 PM
(26-03-2013 09:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Well, I've finally been banned from Christian Forums.
Damn! Egor has already been banned from 1 Christian forum... I gotta step up my game if I wanna catch up now...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
26-03-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 01:34 AM by DeepThought.)
(26-03-2013 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  I am about to get banned from Atheist + and I just joined. They seem truly paranoid of theists joining.
Trust me, you won't get banned from that forum, because nobody gets banned from that forum. And I don't know where you get the idea that the atheists there are paranoid of Christians joining. I'm glad to have a new Christian member.

I'm new here. Obviously I need to learn how to reply.

Edit: Repaired empty quote tags.
26-03-2013, 03:16 PM
(26-03-2013 03:13 PM)Humanguy Wrote:  Trust me, you won't get banned from that forum, because nobody gets banned from that forum. And I don't know where you get the idea that the atheists there are paranoid of Christians joining. I'm glad to have a new Christian member.
Matt Dillahunty got banned from that forum - and he's the Archatheist of Austin.
26-03-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:45 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 03:32 PM
(26-03-2013 03:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 03:13 PM)Humanguy Wrote:  Trust me, you won't get banned from that forum, because nobody gets banned from that forum. And I don't know where you get the idea that the atheists there are paranoid of Christians joining. I'm glad to have a new Christian member.
Matt Dillahunty got banned from that forum - and he's the Archatheist of Austin.
Really, banned from A Christian and an Atheist? I stand corrected. I wonder what the hell he did!