Banned from ChristianChat.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Banned from ChristianChat.com
That sucks. Not that I would really expect anything different from most christians. Many see any challenge to their beliefs not as edification, but a personal attack. Many only feel edified when they are in their comfort zone, 'refuting' evolution. I would continue challenging their beliefs if I were you, in the polite way I'm sure you've used. You'll never know, some may deconvert.

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 06:08 AM
I often like to debate in ReligionForums.com, but I never thought about going straight to the source of delusion...

I'm think going to try to get banned from them too!! Shouldn't take too much effort... Consider
20-06-2014, 01:49 AM
I think my chat is broken, I tried talking but no one ever responded even one time and I kept getting these people on video chat talking back and forth.

wtf kind of shitty chat is that?

20-06-2014, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 02:31 AM by Charis.)
Yeah, their policy on the moderators:

Quote:Don't add to their stress by disputing their actions, especially if it involves someone else and not you. For example, if you see a moderator kick someone, and wonder why, don't worry about it. The moderator probably knows something you don't.

Also, here's a post by a very disgruntled member who appears to be a Christian:

http://christianchat.com/new-christian-c...ost1578407
Quote:"...and then another member giving their opinion on the banning process and how closed and secretive it is, and non-transparent. I then proceeded to read the Chat rules, and I must say I was shocked. First of all, the rules read like they were not written by an adult. Second, most of the rules are structured in a very similar way that a Oligarchy would be. An oligarchy is a form of power structure in which a small number of people control the masses in a tyrannical, closed system in which decisions are made in secret. It would be opposite of a business that is run with a Christian system. Many of the rules are about not questioning moderators, not making posts about other people's bans, etc...That struck me as very futile and unwise. Then I saw the ad about CC desperately needing funding, and I was not surprised. Then to top it off, I saw that a moderator had gotten on the post I saw and ended their thread after making comments not to question anything CC does. I was shocked. I honestly could not believe what I was seeing...."

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
20-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Alrighty, I made my first post there

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
20-06-2014, 05:45 AM
(20-06-2014 02:44 AM)Charis Wrote:  Alrighty, I made my first post there

Hehehe... place your bets ladies and gents. I give her 30 min Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Let's find a Creationist forum and do an organized raid on it someday!

23-06-2014, 01:53 AM
(23-06-2014 01:26 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's find a Creationist forum and do an organized raid on it someday!

That could actually work. You need a private members section for established members, or some other means of discussing a strategy so that it doesn't get spotted and TTA doesn't get targeted in the same way.

Everybody then creates a new account over a period of several weeks. You don't want a whole rush of accounts being created at the same time.

Each account then has to develop a posting history in a different style (radical, zealot, conservative, noob, experienced etc).

One person starts a contentious thread and then eventually 'wins' over all the other false accounts. This then convinces many of the other members on the target forum.

Now how come I'm suddenly thinking of Flight Club where our Mafia games are the equivalent of the fights in the basements and this would be the equivalent of Project Mayhem?

The only real problem is that people don't have enough attention span to play the long game and it quickly peters out.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
23-06-2014, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2014 03:17 AM by pablo.)
I couldn't sleep so I went and lurked CC, these folks are funny.
I'll sign up tomorrow, it's worth it in sheer comedy value.
Smile

ETA: After 10-15 minutes it's mind-numbing.

Religions are fairytales.
09-07-2014, 07:29 AM
(23-06-2014 01:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(23-06-2014 01:26 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's find a Creationist forum and do an organized raid on it someday!

That could actually work. You need a private members section for established members, or some other means of discussing a strategy so that it doesn't get spotted and TTA doesn't get targeted in the same way.

Everybody then creates a new account over a period of several weeks. You don't want a whole rush of accounts being created at the same time.

Each account then has to develop a posting history in a different style (radical, zealot, conservative, noob, experienced etc).

One person starts a contentious thread and then eventually 'wins' over all the other false accounts. This then convinces many of the other members on the target forum.

Now how come I'm suddenly thinking of Flight Club where our Mafia games are the equivalent of the fights in the basements and this would be the equivalent of Project Mayhem?

The only real problem is that people don't have enough attention span to play the long game and it quickly peters out.
Try scambaiting if you want to learn internet patience Wink
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post