Banned twice in one week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned twice in one week
So, I was one of the many TTA faithful who was accidentally banned. It looks like those glitches are behind us, but I'll remain skeptical for a bit longer.

As a result of this "banishment" I decided to join a Christian forum that TubbyTubby had mentioned in a post on here. At first I merely offered personal advice, leaving vague details to my worldview. But as these people started to be attracted to my unique outlook on life, they began asking more and more questions about me. Once it became obvious I had a "worldly" view and not a biblical one, I came clean and started a KingsChosen thread, except obviously I titled it, "Ask an Atheist!"

I set very similar ground rules to the ones KC used in his thread and the Christians could resist me. One guy, who said he was a scientist, threw a bunch of science crap at me about the cell and DNA, and I played along for a bit before I just finally told him atheism is just a stance on one topic and that's it, it's not equivalent to science nor does atheism claim anything about science, the origin of life or the universe.

He didn't even know what the God of the Gaps argument was and he shoved his head into the sand the second I offered to explain all of the fallacies he was committing. And despite finally understanding what atheism is, he still couldn't stop asking me about science conundrums and I pleaded with him to understand what the Gaps argument was so he would stop asking me similarly ignorant questions, but like most Christians the indoctrination ran deep with this "scientist" and he couldn't see past his own agenda.

Others used beauty as their incredulity toward someone not believing in their god. Some asked if I believed the words of Jesus were recorded accurately and when I told them no they again were incredulous. Many resorted to ad hominems, despite me being very patient and taking the high road.

Tubby, if you're reading this, can you tell me if there has been any backlash or hubbub over my brief stint there?

I was so looking forward to responding to the rest of their questions when I found out I was banned. I had at least a dozen alerts in my account, meaning there were that many questions or remarks waiting for me but alas, I am banned. It took less than 36 hours, and I'm terribly disappointed for two reasons. The first is I wanted to use this exercise for content on my blog. But the other reason is a couple of people were PMing me asking questions, and I felt like I could have worked to get them to open their eyes, but now I won't have that chance.

Pussies.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WillHopp's post
22-03-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Banned twice in one week
Do you have a link to this thread, or at least the forum?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
22-03-2014, 10:33 AM
(22-03-2014 10:26 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Do you have a link to this thread, or at least the forum?

Tubby will have to provide that as my IP was blocked. I can't even open the site, which is christianforumsite.com.

----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
22-03-2014, 10:46 AM
What section did you post your thread in?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Turns out the thread was removed when you were banned. Shame.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
22-03-2014, 10:52 AM
There is a Where is WillHop? thread
Looks like several people wanted you to stay. You were literally banned for being an atheist. Wth?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-03-2014, 10:53 AM
"If you can't beat them, delete them"

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 8 users Like nach_in's post
22-03-2014, 11:06 AM
(22-03-2014 10:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  There is a Where is WillHop? thread
Looks like several people wanted you to stay. You were literally banned for being an atheist. Wth?

Ok now I joined lol. I think I will stay around and play super nice and see what is going on in there. Just for fun.

[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
22-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Yep, I gave it my best. I was as polite as I could be, but I did give what I got, so the mods probably didn't like having an outspoken atheist there. Tubby is there and they know he's an atheist but he's a lot more tame.

I may look for other forums to haunt. That type of thread really drew them like flies.

----
22-03-2014, 11:15 AM
(22-03-2014 11:13 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yep, I gave it my best. I was as polite as I could be, but I did give what I got, so the mods probably didn't like having an outspoken atheist there. Tubby is there and they know he's an atheist but he's a lot more tame.

I may look for other forums to haunt. That type of thread really drew them like flies.

Good luck! Happy hunting! Lol

I am not going to tell them I'm an atheist bc the mod said that you were banned bc atheists are not allowed and Tubby is the only exception. I told them I was on the fence. So they will probably try to convert me for a bit.

[+] 2 users Like Losty's post