Banned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Banned
(30-01-2013 08:49 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 08:32 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Bloviation. Tongue
No, I was asking a serious question. The bible contradicts what your saying, so I was questioning what you actually believe in.
Are you incapable of answering a simple question?

and you wonder why we aren't showing you much respect... Blink
OK, then ask it as a serious question. Explain how you determine the God of the bible, which you dont believe in. Point out the contradiction. I can answer a simple question when you show what you mean. Your determination of the God of the Bible may be different than mine.
And you wonder why I have no respect for you? No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 09:07 PM
(30-01-2013 08:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Are you trying to send subliminal messages? To whom? Us or your wife?
Hobo Right back atcha, Sparky.
30-01-2013, 09:20 PM
(30-01-2013 08:29 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God will never tell you to do something bad, against His rules.

The commandment or law your god gave us that forbids you from murdering
The Bible. Exodus20:13 Wrote:You shall not murder

An example of him telling people to do something against his rules.
The Bible. Deuteronomy 17:12 Wrote:Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

I can give more...

The bible tells us to kill witches(Exodus 22:17), homosexuals(Leviticus 20:13), fortunetellers(Leviticus 20:27), children that hit and curse at their parents, ect...

So where does your idea of god fit into this?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

30-01-2013, 09:26 PM
(30-01-2013 09:20 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 08:29 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  God will never tell you to do something bad, against His rules.

The commandment or law your god gave us that forbids you from murdering
The Bible. Exodus20:13 Wrote:You shall not murder

The Bible. Deuteronomy 17:12 Wrote:Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

I can give more...

The bible tells us to kill witches(Exodus 22:17), homosexuals(Leviticus 20:13), fortunetellers(Leviticus 20:27), children that hit and curse at their parents, ect...

Do you mind if I read the verses to see the context? I know context means nothing to atheists but it does to thinking people. I'll get back to you. Shy
30-01-2013, 09:30 PM
(30-01-2013 09:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:20 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  The commandment or law your god gave us that forbids you from murdering

I can give more...

Do you mind if I read the verses to see the context? I know context means nothing to atheists but it does to thinking people. I'll get back to you. Shy

Oh right the context, sorry I forgot God might have been part in a play in those parts of the bible, he didn't actually mean what he said.

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
30-01-2013, 10:03 PM
(30-01-2013 09:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:20 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  The commandment or law your god gave us that forbids you from murdering

I can give more...

OK, first you are relating one of the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses: "Thou shall not kill."
That is God's law for man. In this matter:

Deuteronomy 17:12
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

12 As for anyone who presumes to disobey the priest appointed to minister there to the Lord your God, or the judge, that person shall die. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.
This is from when Moses was telling the Israelites God's other laws regarding only Israel. The Israelites were God's chosen people. A nation He whittled out of humanity just for Himself.
He made laws that only the Israelites had to obey. God (according to my faith) is the Creator of the universe and as such, OWNS IT, and everything in it, including you and I. It is His choice as to what He does with it. If you create a work of art and then decide to destroy it, even tho the world begs you not too, is it your right to do with it as you please?
So, God made a law for the Israelites regarding the judges and priests, who were represtatives of God Himself, that if someone rejected their verdicts that person should be put to death. That is God's right just as our government has the right to make laws governing us. In my opinion that is just and righteous. If you disagree then your point is moot because you dont believe in God anyway.

You mean Exodus 22: 18
Exodus 22:18

18 You shall not permit a female sorcerer to live.
This is a social and religious law for the nation of Israel (God's own nation). Again, it is God's right to make any law he wants.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
This is one of God's Penalties for Violations of Holiness. for the nation of Israel. Need I repeat, God's right to make laws?

Leviticus 20:27

27 A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned to death, their blood is upon them.
Same as above.

You didnt give chapter and verse for your etceteras.

The bottom line is, (ACCORDING TO MY FAITH), God is the Creator of the universe and has the right to do anything He pleases. It is not for the pot to tell the potter what to do. Also, the nation of Israel agreed to be the people of God and were subject to God's rules.

THAT is where my idea of God fits. Anything else?
30-01-2013, 10:05 PM
(30-01-2013 09:30 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Do you mind if I read the verses to see the context? I know context means nothing to atheists but it does to thinking people. I'll get back to you. Shy

Oh right the context, sorry I forgot God might have been part in a play in those parts of the bible, he didn't actually mean what he said.
And here I thought you were being serious. Silly me Tongue . You were just being full of shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Richard Stuckmeyer's post
30-01-2013, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 10:30 PM by Adenosis.)
(30-01-2013 10:03 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Do you mind if I read the verses to see the context? I know context means nothing to atheists but it does to thinking people. I'll get back to you. Shy
OK, first you are relating one of the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses: "Thou shall not kill."

12 As for anyone who presumes to disobey the priest appointed to minister there to the Lord your God, or the judge, that person shall die. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.
This is from when Moses was telling the Israelites God's other laws regarding only Israel. The Israelites were God's chosen people. A nation He whittled out of humanity just for Himself.
He made laws that only the Israelites had to obey. God (according to my faith) is the Creator of the universe and as such, OWNS IT, and everything in it, including you and I. It is His choice as to what He does with it. If you create a work of art and then decide to destroy it, even tho the world begs you not too, is it your right to do with it as you please?
So, God made a law for the Israelites regarding the judges and priests, who were represtatives of God Himself, that if someone rejected their verdicts that person should be put to death. That is God's right just as our government has the right to make laws governing us. In my opinion that is just and righteous. If you disagree then your point is moot because you dont believe in God anyway.

This is a social and religious law for the nation of Israel (God's own nation). Again, it is God's right to make any law he wants.

13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
This is one of God's Penalties for Violations of Holiness. for the nation of Israel. Need I repeat, God's right to make laws?

27 A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned to death, their blood is upon them.
Same as above.

The bottom line is, (ACCORDING TO MY FAITH), God is the Creator of the universe and has the right to do anything He pleases. It is not for the pot to tell the potter what to do. Also, the nation of Israel agreed to be the people of God and were subject to God's rules.

What you originally said is that God will not tell you to do something bad, or against his law.
God creates a law that says not to murder, then he tells people to murder. This is exactly what you claimed God does not do; telling people to do something against his law, telling people to murder when he just told them they shouldn't murder.

So the Israelites were special? good for them. He creates laws that contradict each other too. This helps your case how?

(30-01-2013 10:05 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 09:30 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Oh right the context, sorry I forgot God might have been part in a play in those parts of the bible, he didn't actually mean what he said.
And here I thought you were being serious. Silly me Tongue . You were just being full of shit.

Nope, I was serious. Just funny how apparently atheists are always "taking things from the bible out of context".

30-01-2013, 10:30 PM
(30-01-2013 10:25 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:03 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  OK, first you are relating one of the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses: "Thou shall not kill."

Same as above.

What you originally said is that God will not tell you to do something bad, or against his law.
God creates a law that says not to murder, then he says to murder. This is exactly what you claimed he does not do.

So the Israelites were special? good for them. He creates laws that contradict each other too. This helps your case how?
Yes, that's correct, God will never tell you to do anything that is bad or against His law. God created a law telling us not to murder someone. Bod did not tell anyone to murder. Do you understand the definition of murder? Are our courts murdering people when they put them to death? Are our soldiers murdering people when they kill an enemy in a war? What I said is exactly NOT what I claimed he does not do.
Your second part was more bloviating. I dont answer bloviation.
30-01-2013, 10:36 PM
(30-01-2013 10:30 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:25 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  What you originally said is that God will not tell you to do something bad, or against his law.
God creates a law that says not to murder, then he says to murder. This is exactly what you claimed he does not do.

Yes, that's correct, God will never tell you to do anything that is bad or against His law. God created a law telling us not to murder someone. Bod did not tell anyone to murder. Do you understand the definition of murder? Are our courts murdering people when they put them to death? Are our soldiers murdering people when they kill an enemy in a war? What I said is exactly NOT what I claimed he does not do.
Your second part was more bloviating. I dont answer bloviation.
I think you have a bit of an obsession with the word bloviating.

Well since God creates the laws, it is lawful to kill someone for multiple reasons, and so it's not murder if it is within the perfect laws god created.

Would you be fine with someone showing up to your house to kill your child because he swore at you?
Perhaps you should do it yourself, since that's what the bible says you should do. We wouldn't want to disobey god now would we?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ? HU.Junyuan 2 63 19-04-2014 06:31 AM
Last Post: Cathym112
  Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad. Buddy Christ 116 3,334 01-01-2013 07:32 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Anal sex is banned in USA ! Srsly?! Jedah 9 1,532 08-06-2012 11:47 AM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Kate Upton dance banned from YouTube. Really? germanyt 14 969 04-05-2012 10:50 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan