Banned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 08:08 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Banned
(31-01-2013 07:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I can't help but wonder when you guys are finally going to realize that you're wasting your time by trying to change the mind of a 70 years old fundamentalist. Consider

When he begins to become deathly ill during his old age, as he hits the pit of despair, the seeds we plant today will likely flourish and so comes the realisation: His entirely life was totally insignificant and pointless, very few people have ever alone had a major effect on Earth, let alone the rest of the universe. He will suffer with no reward awaiting him or his grieving family after a long life of hardship.
Everything he ever accomplished was for naught, all his "achievements" will be forgotten in a matter of years, and eventually, his tiny, insignificant life will be forgotten to the populace and the world.

So Vosur, in answer to your question: Why the hell not try?

[grammar edit]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 08:03 AM
(31-01-2013 07:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  When he begins to become deathly ill during his old age, as he hits the pit of despair, the seeds we plant today will likely flourish and so comes the realisation: His entirely life was totally insignificant and pointless, very few people have ever alone had a major effect on Earth, let alone the rest of the universe. He will suffer with no reward awaiting him or his grieving family after a long life of hardship.
Everything he ever accomplished was for naught, all his "achievements? will be forgotten in a matter of years, and eventually, his tiny, insignificant life will be forgotten to the populace and the world.

Actually, FT, that's rather cruel. Just sayin'

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
31-01-2013, 08:14 AM
(31-01-2013 08:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 07:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  When he begins to become deathly ill during his old age, as he hits the pit of despair, the seeds we plant today will likely flourish and so comes the realisation: His entirely life was totally insignificant and pointless, very few people have ever alone had a major effect on Earth, let alone the rest of the universe. He will suffer with no reward awaiting him or his grieving family after a long life of hardship.
Everything he ever accomplished was for naught, all his "achievements? will be forgotten in a matter of years, and eventually, his tiny, insignificant life will be forgotten to the populace and the world.

Actually, FT, that's rather cruel. Just sayin'

Cruel, yes.
But true, no?

Every so often, I feel cruel, besides, I've only two things to do; I attempt to make jokes, or I am being serious. there was nothing else to be serious about.

31-01-2013, 08:21 AM
(31-01-2013 08:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cruel, yes.
But true, no?

Every so often, I feel cruel, besides, I've only two things to do; I attempt to make jokes, or I am being serious. there was nothing else to be serious about.
I'm just saying that this is becoming rather ugly (don't mean just you), a bit like a whole bunch of guys kicking someone who's already down. Just how I feel about it, not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.

31-01-2013, 08:26 AM
(31-01-2013 08:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 08:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cruel, yes.
But true, no?

I'm just saying that this is becoming rather ugly (don't mean just you), a bit like a whole bunch of guys kicking someone who's already down. Just how I feel about it, not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.

He came here of his own free will, yelling and screaming about his religion in an aggressive and insulting manner. He made it ugly.
I feel bad about his life situation, but he can stay or leave by his own choice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2013, 08:29 AM
I have not seen anybody else (aside from Muffs that is) who said anything kick-like... Consider

Besides, my method is not at all like kicking him while he's down.

It's more like kicking him so hard that his legs break and he falls down, that way, when he gets back up, he just falls again, slowly causing more damage, and ultimately taking a significant less amount of effort on my part.

I have never been a very sympathetic person anyway.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-01-2013, 08:31 AM
(31-01-2013 08:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  He came here of his own free will, yelling and screaming about his religion in an aggressive and insulting manner. He made it ugly.
I feel bad about his life situation, but he can stay or leave by his own choice.
I've said it in other threads, about other things (hunting, death penalty, cruelty, what have you). I'm more (or at least equally) worried about what things like this do to those who do them, not to those they're aimed at.

Like I said, to me (and no one has to see it the same way), it feels too much like kicking a man while he's down. And piling up on him.

31-01-2013, 08:54 AM
(31-01-2013 08:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 08:21 AM)Vera Wrote:  I'm just saying that this is becoming rather ugly (don't mean just you), a bit like a whole bunch of guys kicking someone who's already down. Just how I feel about it, not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.
He came here of his own free will, yelling and screaming about his religion in an aggressive and insulting manner. He made it ugly.

Agreed. We're by no means keeping him here, nor were we on a vitriol spewing warpath when he arrived. We didn't hunt him down, we didn't push our beliefs on him. He chose to come to a forum that is clearly going to be host to group who's majority will most likely have beliefs that conflict with his, and that's why he came here. He is an admitted, and unrepentant, troll. I find it hard to feel empathy for someone who is aiming for the internet equivalent of a 'Darwin Award'. Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
31-01-2013, 03:46 PM
(31-01-2013 07:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So Vosur, in answer to your question: Why the hell not try?
Because there is nothing in it for you. Even when the scenario you described does take place, you're not going to know about it. What you guys are doing is inefficient, unproductive and the way many people have treated him here was unnecessarily rude. I know that he came in here with guns blazing, but there's really no reason to act the same we he did. Sure, you (collective "you") can do whatever you want to, but I want to make clear once and for all that I do not approve of aggressive or insulting behavior regardless of whom its coming from and regardless of whom its aimed at.

You (collective "you") keep bitching about the trouble that these "trolls" cause, but you apparently aren't able to simply ignore them to solve this problem.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
31-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Pretty much. I understand the urge some people have to argue with him, but once they realize that it is a hopeless endeavor, some people let their aggravation get the better of them and become increasingly insulting. Tit for tat does work in certain situations, but it's only making the situation worse when employed against Richard.

[Image: giphy.gif]