Poll: Regarding the Banner Jagare designed...
I like the new banner design. We should use it.
I don’t like this design of yours Jagare, but I am interested in getting a new banner.
I think our current banner is great and would not want it to change.
I hate you Jagare.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Banner Vote

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Banner Vote
Hello,
I'm rather new here (not quite sure why I haven't been bumped to 'regular member' status), but that doesn't change the fact that I am a freelance graphic designer and would like to offer our forums my services.

I noticed that the TTA banner has been around for quite awhile and could really use some serious updating. This is one of many ideas I had for a new banner. I really like both this website and the members here and I would like to contribute in some way.

I have designed many logos for major websites and international companies, but I have no interest in using this site as a promotional tool. I have all the marketing I can handle and do not require any site recognition for use of my designs. The following is just an example. I can do significantly more complex designs if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, this one has a little pop and I like the idea of lighting striking from the head in the center. Regardless, please vote in the poll.

Cheers

[Image: GCrj2VP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Banner Vote
While I like your design, I voted to keep the original. It's been around long enough now to be recognizable.
I have no say in the matter though, so maybe the big wigs will like a change.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-07-2014, 11:33 PM
The only problem I have with the forum banner is that it does not send anyone clicking it to the home page of the Thinking Atheist but stays in the forum.
[+] 4 users Like RogueWarrior's post
23-07-2014, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 03:16 AM by Free Thought.)
(22-07-2014 10:26 PM)Jagare Wrote:  Hello,
I'm rather new here (not quite sure why I haven't been bumped to 'regular member' status), but that doesn't change the fact that I am a freelance graphic designer and would like to offer our forums my services.

I noticed that the TTA banner has been around for quite awhile and could really use some serious updating. This is one of many ideas I had for a new banner. I really like both this website and the members here and I would like to contribute in some way.

I have designed many logos for major websites and international companies, but I have no interest in using this site as a promotional tool. I have all the marketing I can handle and do not require any site recognition for use of my designs. The following is just an example. I can do significantly more complex designs if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, this one has a little pop and I like the idea of lighting striking from the head in the center. Regardless, please vote in the poll.

Cheers

[Image: GCrj2VP.jpg]

Personally, I like this design a tad more than the current. It has a bit more... flare... than the current, fairly Spartan design.

But I reckon if you want to advance this, you ought to communicate with one of the upper management here to pass it on and get their feels or go to Seth directly on this; it's his brand after all.

Apparently something screwed up and my post got wiped... Yay!... I blame my internet.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-07-2014, 02:38 AM
Yup, I'll echo FT's comment... It's Seth's brand (used and recognisable on T-shirts, video endings, etc.).

But I bet he'd be grateful of your enthusiasm, support and offer of free services.

I like your new one but I also like the clean and angular lines of the current font. Can I vote for more than one option?

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
23-07-2014, 02:40 AM
No going to Seth.

Jagare, I like the head in your design and the lightening is fine. However, I like the original font much better than the hard edged, blocky, slanted lettering. Personal preference, I guess. Good to have you here!

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Jagare,

I do like your banner, but I prefer the more simplistic, pragmatic design currently representing TTA.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
23-07-2014, 05:48 AM
It's a bit.... aggressive? I don't know, I don't love it.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
23-07-2014, 06:03 AM
The head tilted downward (to me) looks like sadness, I'm told there are religious people who like to paint atheists as down trodden and in despair. I also wouldn't like it looking up becaus to me that would imply looking for a higher power. Absolutely not. I line the straight forward look.

Also the lightning bolts , again this is just my opinion, imply some damnation.

I just don't want any kind of imagery intended or not to be associated.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-07-2014, 06:09 AM
(23-07-2014 02:40 AM)kim Wrote:  Jagare, I like the head in your design and the lightening is fine. However, I like the original font much better than the hard edged, blocky, slanted lettering. Personal preference, I guess. Good to have you here!

I know what you mean about the block lettering. It feels a little comic book to me. Specifically...

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

[Image: 300px-TheShadowPoster.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post