Poll: Regarding the Banner Jagare designed...
I like the new banner design. We should use it.
I don’t like this design of yours Jagare, but I am interested in getting a new banner.
I think our current banner is great and would not want it to change.
I hate you Jagare.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Banner Vote

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-07-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: Banner Vote
While the design is cool, it's not "TTA".

I would rather you be honest and just flat out ask people if they liked your design/redesign instead using a veiled guise of voting for a banner change.

You made this for your own vanity... at least own it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2014, 06:54 AM
^^^ Ignore him, Jagare. It's the drugs talking.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
23-07-2014, 07:14 AM
(23-07-2014 06:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ^^^ Ignore him, Jagare. It's the drugs talking.

Drinking Beverage

No really.

I like his design.

Just be straight up with what you're asking is all that I'm saying.

23-07-2014, 07:50 AM
(23-07-2014 07:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...

I know what you're saying.

And I know why you're saying it the way that you're saying it.

I'm saying that I appreciate polite circumspection.

Dodgy

23-07-2014, 09:37 AM
(23-07-2014 07:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 07:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...

I know what you're saying.

Dodgy

I see what you're saying about what I was saying about how it was being said. But saying that, I would rather have people say what they really want to say in the way they want to say it instead of sugar-coating what is said. Although, like you said, you say you prefer that method of saying what needs to be said. So, to say the least, people prefer different methods of saying what needs to be or wants to be said - and when all is said and done, no method is wrong... it's just a preference.

Just sayin'

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
23-07-2014, 09:56 AM
(23-07-2014 06:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While the design is cool, it's not "TTA".

I would rather you be honest and just flat out ask people if they liked your design/redesign instead using a veiled guise of voting for a banner change.

I do not know (or even think) Jagare - a newbie - was trying to do this for his own vanity. Frankly, as an art person, vanity has nothing to do with utilizing my skillz. Unless of course, breathing is vanity. Dodgy

Stop being such a judgmental bitch, Kingsy or I'll be forced to think you've become my Mom. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-07-2014, 10:05 AM
(23-07-2014 09:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 07:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I know what you're saying.

Dodgy

I see what you're saying about what I was saying about how it was being said. But saying that, I would rather have people say what they really want to say in the way they want to say it instead of sugar-coating what is said. Although, like you said, you say you prefer that method of saying what needs to be said. So, to say the least, people prefer different methods of saying what needs to be or wants to be said - and when all is said and done, no method is wrong... it's just a preference.

Just sayin'

Drinking Beverage

Someone shit in your cornflakes this morning KC? Tongue
23-07-2014, 11:20 AM
(23-07-2014 09:56 AM)kim Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 06:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While the design is cool, it's not "TTA".

I do not know (or even think) Jagare - a newbie - was trying to do this for his own vanity. Frankly, as an art person, vanity has nothing to do with utilizing my skillz. Unless of course, breathing is vanity. Dodgy

Stop being such a judgmental bitch, Kingsy or I'll be forced to think you've become my Mom. Drinking Beverage

That's naive then. He's obviously proud of it (as he should be, it's very good). But, he didn't post here to "design" a new banner. He posted it to share it with people to receive praise.

That's vain. But, there isn't anything wrong with that. There isn't anything wrong with a little bit of vanity because it creates confidence.

My point was to just be straight up and post your true intentions and not try to disguise it in a passive way.

Meh, I'm just calling it as I see it. I've done this exact thing before when I was younger... I knew my work was good, but I didn't want to seem like a braggart... but I wanted the praise... so I devised a passive way to share my work without making it look like I was bragging.

I've changed over time, though. I just like things straight and to the point now.

And who knows... I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

23-07-2014, 12:54 PM
(23-07-2014 11:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ---
Meh, I'm just calling it as I see it. I've done this exact thing before when I was younger... I knew my work was good, but I didn't want to seem like a braggart... but I wanted the praise... so I devised a passive way to share my work without making it look like I was bragging.

I've changed over time, though. I just like things straight and to the point now.
---

Sorry to be so naïve but how is this about you, Kingsy? Your expectations about yourself or past self, may or may not be similar at all to Jagare's intentions.

Jagare is a different person than you. Just because you have done some things, doesn't mean others do those same things... neither in similar ways nor even for the same reasons.

Jagare has given no one here cause to suspect his intentions to be anything other than what he states in his OP. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-07-2014, 12:55 PM
(23-07-2014 11:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's naive then. He's obviously proud of it (as he should be, it's very good). But, he didn't post here to "design" a new banner. He posted it to share it with people to receive praise.

That's vain. But, there isn't anything wrong with that. There isn't anything wrong with a little bit of vanity because it creates confidence.

My point was to just be straight up and post your true intentions and not try to disguise it in a passive way.

And who knows... I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

KC, I say this as your friend, perhaps you should consider your interactions in this thread.

If you take a step back and consider things, is this really worth it? Is it worth turning a thread of someone offering to do something nice for the forum into a pointless debate on a minor technicality that has no bearing on anything? Given that there is no way of measuring or proving the OP's intentions, there can never be a conclusion to this. As well as being unprovable, his motivations as you are questioning them are hardly relevant. The guy is offering something nice for the forum and we should be pleased and thankful. Now, given all that, is it really worth derailing this valuable thread into an endless debate on intentions and motives for posting?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post