Poll: Regarding the Banner Jagare designed...
I like the new banner design. We should use it.
I don’t like this design of yours Jagare, but I am interested in getting a new banner.
I think our current banner is great and would not want it to change.
I hate you Jagare.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Banner Vote

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-07-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Banner Vote
(23-07-2014 06:46 PM)Jagare Wrote:  Thank you all for your responses. With exception to Kingschosen, it would seem you all had valid points. In truth, the fact that I only had one angry member is probably pretty good considering. However he did leave me with nowhere to go regarding other designs since presenting them now paints me as a "vain" artist of some kind. Confused

That being said, I am a freelance graphic designer and if anyone from the site wishes to make use of my skills, I would still be certainly willing to produce this or other designs for your approval.

KC, I'll put a disclaimer on the next one warning you of my own disgusting vanity.

Thumbsup

Please feel free to regale us with your vanity at anytime! Chase
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-07-2014, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 09:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-07-2014 06:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While the design is cool, it's not "TTA".

I would rather you be honest and just flat out ask people if they liked your design/redesign instead using a veiled guise of voting for a banner change.

You made this for your own vanity... at least own it.

This is gonna be fun big fella. ... bring some beer. ... and crawdads. .... maybe some corn ... some rabbits ... someone to tend the rabbits, and Old Bay spice from Maryland 'cause you Bayou Boogers got no sense of subtlety to your seasoning. Tongue

[Image: qcbob-1.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-07-2014, 11:13 PM
It probably hasn't been said;

The font sucks
The italics suck
The lightning is lame

I like the... where you...

Anyway, the rest of the forum has straight 0 and 90 degree lines, so the italics throw it off. The font is a bit thick, and the roundness of the letters could probably better match the bevel radius of the forum boxes; or not. The lightning is busy, and detracts from the professional look I would prefer.

I guess it looks a bit juvenile.
Could I do better? Maybe...
Would I know where to start? Hell no...

This is abnormally harsh from me, but nobody else seemed to be able to say it.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
24-07-2014, 12:03 AM
(23-07-2014 06:46 PM)Jagare Wrote:  Thank you all for your responses. With exception to Kingschosen, it would seem you all had valid points. In truth, the fact that I only had one angry member is probably pretty good considering. However he did leave me with nowhere to go regarding other designs since presenting them now paints me as a "vain" artist of some kind. Confused

That being said, I am a freelance graphic designer and if anyone from the site wishes to make use of my skills, I would still be certainly willing to produce this or other designs for your approval.

KC, I'll put a disclaimer on the next one warning you of my own disgusting vanity.

Thumbsup

You and a few others have reading comprehension problems.

I never once said anything against your vanity or perceived vanity. I spoke up against the passive guise of designing a new banner when you really just wanted to show off your work.

And stop projecting your insecurities... I am in no way angry, I was actually just trying to help a brother out and identify how your post came across (to me anyway) and reassure you that there is nothing wrong with being straight up and proud of your work aka a controlled amount of vanity.

I even praised your work and advocated your vanity... don't go all victim complex on me. You're right on the cusp with the "woe is me can't post anymore of my stuff because someone call me vain".

Post your stuff. It's good. Own it. Don't make excuses for it. Don't disguise it.

*takes 14 norcos, 20 tramadols, and 11 fioricets*

All right, heathens... who's next?

*sips a beer*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
24-07-2014, 12:18 AM
(24-07-2014 12:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  *takes 14 norcos, 20 tramadols, and 11 fioricets*

*sips a beer*

Lunch time all ready?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-07-2014, 12:47 AM
(24-07-2014 12:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Thumbsup

You and a few others have reading comprehension problems.

I never once said anything against your vanity or perceived vanity. I spoke up against the passive guise of designing a new banner when you really just wanted to show off your work.

And stop projecting your insecurities... I am in no way angry, I was actually just trying to help a brother out and identify how your post came across (to me anyway) and reassure you that there is nothing wrong with being straight up and proud of your work aka a controlled amount of vanity.

I even praised your work and advocated your vanity... don't go all victim complex on me. You're right on the cusp with the "woe is me can't post anymore of my stuff because someone call me vain".

Post your stuff. It's good. Own it. Don't make excuses for it. Don't disguise it.

*takes 14 norcos, 20 tramadols, and 11 fioricets*

*sips a beer*

Come at me!
I dare ya Beat_stick

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
24-07-2014, 08:02 AM
(24-07-2014 12:47 AM)aurora Wrote:  Come at me!
I dare ya Beat_stick

I'm scared of you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I like the current logo better.

The current logo emphasizes the word "thinking" which, from listening to Seth, was a major part of what he intended from this site's design. Thus, it is emphasized and seems like a significant detail.

I agree with Bows and Arrows' observation about the head pointing down. In addition, the overall feel of the proposed banner resembles religion to me - the head looks similar to a god head looking down over the world and the lightning adds to that image in my opinion.

I prefer the font in the existing banner.

Sometimes simple is better.

The title is "The Thinking Atheist". The URL is "thethinkingatheist.com". The existing banner shows that. The proposed one is just the URL. A minor detail I know, but minor things bug me sometimes. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-07-2014, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 11:48 AM by TheLogicalAthiest.)
Don't think I can vote being on the mobile site but I need to say I don't like it at all. The font used is awful, it reminds me of that word art stuff in Microsoft Office. It will make the site look dated like we have time travelled back to 2005.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
24-07-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 12:42 PM by TheLogicalAthiest.)
I think the current banner is fine. But if we were going to get a new banner I would go with something minimalist like so:

http://s23.postimg.org/5h6vwtkx7/thinkingathiest.jpg

There should be no spaces between the words on the image but fuck it I'm not changing it now.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau